Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking a Dyno Sheets pics and anything that has concerning a turbo and i cant stand it no having one so... on that note if anybody knows of a buddy or a local shop that has one avaiable (Rebuilt or not) please let me know! i have been to the local track in Wichita and talked to racers and other friends there with turboed bikes and have the hookup to get it installed i just cant find one with all the shit to run one. i dont want one thats going to cost me 3,000 bucks cause i would just go buy a freakin new one for thousand more dollars ya know but everybody look around and keep ur eyes open and get back to me please Thanks Guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
:headshake :shady:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
Loweredskulls said:
I have been looking a Dyno Sheets pics and anything that has concerning a turbo and i cant stand it no having one so... on that note if anybody knows of a buddy or a local shop that has one avaiable (Rebuilt or not) please let me know! i have been to the local track in Wichita and talked to racers and other friends there with turboed bikes and have the hookup to get it installed i just cant find one with all the shit to run one. i dont want one thats going to cost me 3,000 bucks cause i would just go buy a freakin new one for thousand more dollars ya know but everybody look around and keep ur eyes open and get back to me please Thanks Guys
If you're going the boost way. I would NOT even think about it if you're worried about $$$. You can have a turbo kit for FREE but with the lack of discipline Mr. Detonation and Mr. Wear along with Mr. Tear will soon be at your door steps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,532 Posts
conspiracy said:
If you're going the boost way. I would NOT even think about it if you're worried about $$$. You can have a turbo kit for FREE but with the lack of discipline Mr. Detonation and Mr. Wear along with Mr. Tear will soon be at your door steps.

:+1: :iamwithst
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
I understand where your coming from. Check out velocityracing.com They have a turbo for the 10r which is reliable. Change pistons and all. So you wont have to worry about reliability, they go to low comp pistons. Your shit will be tight. Just on the corners you will get completely smoked. Do a search on supercharging a 10r. Its instant, no wait for turbo lag. Nitrous does me fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,228 Posts
ninja2k5 said:
I understand where your coming from. Check out velocityracing.com They have a turbo for the 10r which is reliable. Change pistons and all. So you wont have to worry about reliability, they go to low comp pistons. Your shit will be tight. Just on the corners you will get completely smoked. Do a search on supercharging a 10r. Its instant, no wait for turbo lag. Nitrous does me fine.
:+1: :iamwithst
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
T3MPO said:
i realy dont see the reason on turboing a bike that runs 100 mph in 1st gear but ok
It's called, The Need for Speed!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn 3,500 Bucks isnt bad at all onetoncj thanks for the information... and for all of u that siad it was retarted a buddy of mine just put a 671 street blower in a 72, barracuda and its pushing 1,200HP yeah it runs a 7.6et in the 1/4 and he wants to race the pumpkin so know that im not going to tell him im doing this in three weeks and im going for the finish line.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
363 Posts
Loweredskulls said:
I have been looking a Dyno Sheets pics and anything that has concerning a turbo and i cant stand it no having one so... on that note if anybody knows of a buddy or a local shop that has one avaiable (Rebuilt or not) please let me know! i have been to the local track in Wichita and talked to racers and other friends there with turboed bikes and have the hookup to get it installed i just cant find one with all the shit to run one. i dont want one thats going to cost me 3,000 bucks cause i would just go buy a freakin new one for thousand more dollars ya know but everybody look around and keep ur eyes open and get back to me please Thanks Guys
I just bought alexis632's turbo 1600 bucks!! I can't wait to install it, and do some 4th gear power wheelies!!:crackup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Hi John (susukili11a), so you want power wheelies, at 4th, thats ok in 5.5 pounds it will do it easily, my extension were set up at 4 inches, you will feel the power of a motogp bike (when you ride a bike with 230hp without an extended swingarm even the last rider in the grid is truly gifted, well now they have traction control so they are now a bunch of P^%&, JK) so don't forget your diaper. JK you better wear two.

Take your time in the instalation so it looks perfect (clockswell placed, hidden cables and lines).

Be safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Hi again

Here a photo of my new project a 2006 R1 SP (was supposed to be an LE an later they tell me that they consider PR as international, so it has an SP number, but the bike is anniversary colors that does not come that way in the SP (european edition only comes in black), but that is how Yamaha works.
I think some header and maybe later some 13.5 to 1 Hi Comp pistons.
(already have stacks, PC, race baffles, 15 front sprocket, bmc race)

Second Pic: Here is the ZX10R, was orange now black, scrape a car for ridding like a madman in the street, with wife in the rear, fortunately was able to keep her up and nothing happened to us, lost a mirror, some broken plastics and a friend of a friend offered to buy the system and I took a depo, he killed the bike and told me he didn't want the system anymore, that he was going to buy a haya after he gets better. If I kept the system I would kill myself sooner or later, remember this is a street bike. (forgot to say, I am 32 with 24 year ridding experience, trackdays and race school in 92). Was going to turn her into my track bike, but now I think I am going to sell it, I am not going to keep a $7500- $8000 toy to use only 1 a month.

Pic 3: Scrape damage, was doing about 25 mph scrape the car slowing her down, too much power came in a corner and with the extensions she didn't want to turn.

Here is why I am quitting with the Turbo Bike (Turbo Kit).
Pic 4: My 5 year old (I would do anything for him)
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
22 Posts
I'm all for turbos. But now that i have one i wouldn't do it again. Taken i have it "tuned down" (that still gets me when i find out i'm running 300hp) and it runs approx 300hp. It sucks gas like nothing else. I can go through a tank in an hour depending on how i have it tuned and how i am riding.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top