Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do a chain conversion I was wondering if I should go with the 530 or 525 chain -1 up 2. I am going to strech it 6" with plates. I just bought my lowering links for the rear. I think I am just going to strap the front. Any imput on this would be helpfull. Also links where to buy?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
pshh real riders stick w swb, you know stock wheel base? unless you got nos or are running some serious hp!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
pshh real riders stick w swb, you know stock wheel base? unless you got nos or are running some serious hp!
Agreed:eek:ccasion1 I just come back from a drag strip. Friend's ran a stock 04 ZX10R and it was alot of fun. And challenging to launch on a SWB. More fun that way. We just planned a 10g bet for the next time 04 versus 06. :beer:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
You guys scared to go quicker in the 1/4? Stretch that bitch!!! LOL:lol:
okay! if you got the skill to nail a mid 9 1/4 on SWB then stretch it. but if you cant touch 9s at all then consider yourself under schooled and cheating w the stretch!!!

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
yea race the 14 at swb. brian b tried last night and he got to see ALLOT of sky.....

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I am looking to do a chain conversion I was wondering if I should go with the 530 or 525 chain -1 up 2. I am going to strech it 6" with plates. I just bought my lowering links for the rear. I think I am just going to strap the front. Any imput on this would be helpfull. Also links where to buy?
as far as chain the 525 will do if your not buying the cheap shit. dont do the -1 down just go up 2 in the rear. this will save chain life.
lowering links. buy the bolt style ones. you can lower your bike in about 3 min. or raise it... Ebay
Strapping the front is fine just remember to remove that thing before street riding. also go under the tank bolts. this makes it where it doesnt rub the upper race seal.
Suspension. make it squishy but make the rebound kinda slow so the bike doesnt buck.
Randy

·
Registered
374 Posts
Im just giving you guys a bad time is all!I have been in the 9's SWB!I was thinking of putting mine back to SWB for fun to see what it will run with the tune I have now!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Im just giving you guys a bad time is all:heyyou: !I have been in the 9's SWB!I was thinking of putting mine back to SWB for fun to see what it will run with the tune I have now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts