Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new member here from Ontario Canada. I'm the previous owner of a beloved magma red 05 636 named Rosalyn. She was my pride and joy, I spent many hours and many more dollars on her. We parted ways about 4 years ago which was very difficult for me. Well today is a new day! I recently purchased a black 2007 ZX10 (because I hear they are the fastest) which I pick up tomorrow. The excitement brings back memories of riding all night, and trips to tame the dragon. I can't wait to get back into the sport bike scene with imo the sexiest bike out there. It's bone stock as the previous owner only rode it for 9000km, so needless to say this winter as long as it will be, will be a busy one prepping her the spring to come. This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. New name for bike pending.

Cheers

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hello all, new member here from Ontario Canada. I'm the previous owner of a beloved magma red 05 636 named Rosalyn. She was my pride and joy, I spent many hours and many more dollars on her. We parted ways about 4 years ago which was very difficult for me. Well today is a new day! I recently purchased a black 2007 ZX10 (because I hear they are the fastest) which I pick up tomorrow. The excitement brings back memories of riding all night, and trips to tame the dragon. I can't wait to get back into the sport bike scene with imo the sexiest bike out there. It's bone stock as the previous owner only rode it for 9000km, so needless to say this winter as long as it will be, will be a busy one prepping her the spring to come. This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. New name for bike pending.

Cheers

I like your sense of humor! Welcome.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Weeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll...u may find some people hatin on the gen 2. Some call them whale turds...they are definitely not the fastest year though. My advice would be to lose the dual undertail exhaust monstrosity and do a right side mounted exhaust. It cleans up the rear end a lot and saves some weight. Also that year had projectors so hids work well in them. Cheers on ur New bike😄😄

·
Registered
312 Posts
As said before, you'll hear a lot of bickering towards the 06-07. I happen to own the exact same thing as you (black 07), and I couldn't be happier with it. It's performed flawlessly for me, looks extremely good (without the dual exhaust), and is mean as hell.

Any mods planned for it yet?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As said before, you'll hear a lot of bickering towards the 06-07. I happen to own the exact same thing as you (black 07), and I couldn't be happier with it. It's performed flawlessly for me, looks extremely good (without the dual exhaust), and is mean as hell.

Any mods planned for it yet?

Modifications? Oh my mind has been running wild. Being out of the bike scene for a few years, I see that some things have changed but not all. So typical upgrades like akropovic exhaust and galfer brakes front to back for a start.

Anyone know of the go to tire these days? The pilot power 2ct was all the rave 5 years ago.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Congrats on the gen 2. I love mine for a street bike.

Do a search for tires. I like the s20 and q3, but I run pilot roads on my street bike b/c they last longer and I can't even outride a q3/s20 on my track bike.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Modifications? Oh my mind has been running wild. Being out of the bike scene for a few years, I see that some things have changed but not all. So typical upgrades like akropovic exhaust and galfer brakes front to back for a start.

Anyone know of the go to tire these days? The pilot power 2ct was all the rave 5 years ago.
Other than those, I'd suggest some of the obvious ones... Sprockets, Power Commander, some suspension work, etc.

Loved my Q3's, can't go wrong with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts