Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some said coat it, some said don't. Well I went ahead and did it but now I think I should have left it in it's raw form.

Maybe on an all black bike it would look better, some will say does not matter either way they hate the look!

I hear reversing the process is really not an option, so I guess I will be selling this one and buying another.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
That seat and those wheels make that color scheme look great.

Love the bike but, not a fan of that exhaust either way.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yeah i was wondering when I saw you did that. I like the original better. Aircraft stripper would probably take it off. Maybe try it in an inconspicuous spot before you get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
the only reason the powdercoat looks awkward is because it covers up all the textures, the welds, the joints, etc on the exhaust. if you could still see that i think it would look good.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
aircraft stripper will take powdercoat off like a hooker's clothes infront of a hundred dollar bill!...........then rinse well with water to nuetralize the stripper!..not gonna gauruntee it won't discolor the TI but i wouldnt think it would!..?

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Well if you decide to strip it your gonna have to polish it again since it shoul dof been sandblasted prior to the coating

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if you decide to strip it your gonna have to polish it again since it shoul dof been sandblasted prior to the coating
It was blasted that is why I dont think I should try to remove the coating. It has some re-sale value in it's current state but if I mess with it then the cost difference to replace it with a new one may be steep.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a sweet bike. I like it before PC though. I think it would look good with a CF Akra. :thumbsup:
I would rather the Akro in your Avitar!!!!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
oooo yeah...forgot about that!.........sorry........it doesn't look ALL that bad the way it is.........I am sure someone would buy it!...good luck man!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oooo yeah...forgot about that!.........sorry........it doesn't look ALL that bad the way it is.........I am sure someone would buy it!...good luck man!
I think I will try to expose the welds and block sand the GP Pro that is embossed, it may look like a Zebra after I am done and look worse, who knows.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I cant believe you did that :headshake

The bike looked awesome before, Loved everything the way it was, and even though I was never a fan of the pipe, the black looks terrible on it. At least with the "factory racing welds" it looked ok, but now......=:badteeth: :headshake

Your only hope now is to sand blast it and leave it raw, but you will probably lose the beauty in the welds.

Your other option, which is also the best, is to put an Akrapovic Evo, with carbon muffler, shortened 3.5"'s on that bike.... but then it would be perfect looking bike and since you live so close to me....im not sure I want that kind of competition.:lol: So I say, just sand blast it

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yep those welds looked great before. But I'm curious as to why you decided to powder coat it?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep those welds looked great before. But I'm curious as to why you decided to powder coat it?
I blame it on a guy named Jack Daniels!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Photoshop is a beautiful thing !! I could have photoshoped your pipe black first and you would have had the option to stare at it all day long before making a desision. Oh well what's done is done. :headshake
Have you ever thought of the LOR for your ride? The carbon fiber can would look sexy and is quite affordable. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Photoshop is a beautiful thing !! I could have photoshoped your pipe black first and you would have had the option to stare at it all day long before making a desision. Oh well what's done is done. :headshake
Have you ever thought of the LOR for your ride? The carbon fiber can would look sexy and is quite affordable. :mrgreen:
I should have got to you before Jack got to me!

I will look into the Level One pipe, I have heard good things about them.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
i like the all black pipe, it kinda makes it disappear and leaves your eyes to concentrate on the bike

1 - 20 of 77 Posts