Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew that would get your attention.
Anyway, I was at a trackday at Stockton Motorplex on my CRF150 practicing for the next race. This guy rolls in with a KLX400 in tow. 17's, big brakes, Yosh pipe, Michelins, all good stuff. He goes out on the track and is doin' the full roadrace lean around the track, looks pretty funny on a supermoto bike!
So I am out there clickin' off laps and I can feel this guy breathin down my neck, but he can only make time on the straight-away. He has no chance on the back section. So I hold it wide open through the back section, brake hard for the hair pin and gun it, with all it's 10.5 HP. He blasts me down the straight, but I don't let off and stuff this fuck at the first turn. Passing him, he stalks me again around the track and blasted me again down the straight. This time I put my front wheel right up inside him, but didn't have the power to pull him through the turn.
He probably had about 25 HP and tons of torque on me, and I outweighed him by at least 30 pounds.
So later the track instructor was giving him some tuteledge about having a clue and I wandered over to talk to the instructor. Normally, you would get an exchange from somebody. He knew I was they guy who stuffed him, there were only 5 bikes there, but he pretended I was invisible, which to me magnified his shame.
Moral of this story, it ain't the power or the bike, it's the rider.
And if your ego is so fragile you have to behave like he did, you should go fishing or cross country skiing or something solitary so know one knows you suck. Or just be humble.
BTW I suck too, that was my first supermoto trackday, I got a lot to learn.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
You didn't get me, your name is on the thread. [smilie=b:

Good story, a lesson for all of us; don't let pride get in the way of a chance to learn something.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
hmm... so you're one of those, supermoto guys? I think you have to be a little funny in the head to ride one of those :eek:

I've got to admit though... with the right rider they can be very fast....

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I've seen a couple guys out here on Palomar with supermoto's they look like allot of fun.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dnwhoop02 said:
hmm... so you're one of those, supermoto guys?
Most fun you can have on two wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts