Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,567 Posts
If that's what happened to the outer pants, I can't imagine what the inside of the leather suit is like!!! :throwup: :lol:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,567 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about the wreck. Thankfully it looks like you're OK though. How'd the bike make out? It can all go bad in an instant. :sad:

·
Registered
374 Posts
"I shouldn't have had Mexican the night before a race...."

Looks like you passed it without any digestion.

Seriously though I'm glad you're ok. Whatever that outfit is made of, it certainly wasn't designed for sliding a human safely on asphalt lol

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unbelievably minor damage. Left frame slider ground down 1/3 and not even bent. Left swingarm slider ground down 1/3 and still there. Left Chinese rearset peg ground off about half an inch. Shifter bent slightly, not even enough to prevent shifting. Chinese lever guard broke off in the grass, didn't even scratch a lever. One very minor scratch in the black part of the fairing that I fixed easily with a sharpie. :) The damaged frog togs were the most expensive part of the crash. :) The photographer actually captured a large sequence of images (probably around 100) but I just picked out a couple. I actually got the bike back up, got it back to the pits, reteched and got it back out on the track without getting lapped. Just so happened a fellow GTE rider crashed on the next lap and we had to restart the race. I almost got the holeshot in the restart as well. :) Ended up 3rd (which sounds better than it was because there were only 3 expert bikes left for the restart). :) My shield fogged up so bad I couldn't see anything so I was just out there putting around the last half of the race.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Glad to hear you are good enough to joke about it.

Quick question though, how come you are running a lever guard on the clutch side as well?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts