Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, call me an "artard" or whatever, i couldnt resist the impulse buy. it was a refurbished 8gig iphone for only $250 via the at&t site. i gave in and as you guys may know, i been on the look out for a new phone for a while now. i just wanted that cool ass interface. now that i should be expecting it in the mail within the next two days, what should i get for it? i plan on getting the screen protector but what are some other must haves? what is a great protective case for it? something that wont collect those little particles of dirt which create brinelling and scratch up its surfaces after time.

·
Registered
611 Posts
$250 wow, that seems cheap. i'll have a look into this!
does it have the navigation as standard on those phones

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$250 wow, that seems cheap. i'll have a look into this!
does it have the navigation as standard on those phones
its got a google maps application that pin points your general location

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
611 Posts
google maps is ok, but that would mean you would have to get the data plan to use that function no doubt?
i just read you have to be on a 2yr contract with them to get the phone as well

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
google maps is ok, but that would mean you would have to get the data plan to use that function no doubt?
i just read you have to be on a 2yr contract with them to get the phone as well
true. its got its flaws but the iphone is all about its data package. you cant just have it wo the internet...well you could but that wouldnt complete your iphone experience. the google maps application pinpoints your area. its not like a step by step gps but pretty close and affordable if you already have the data plan.
on top of that their are loads of hacks and mods that open up all sorts of goodies

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
speakings of hacks, mods and such, does anyone have any advice from experience?

·
Registered
611 Posts
they said $59.99 plan includes the data package and 450mins of talk time

let me know how you go. im going to have a look at one tomorrow, and go from there.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they said $59.99 plan includes the data package and 450mins of talk time

let me know how you go. im going to have a look at one tomorrow, and go from there.
ill keep this thread posted. i currently share 1400 minute w my wife along w unlimited text messaging. she wont be using an iphone. she has a samsung a707

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
okay, call me an "artard" or whatever, i couldnt resist the impulse buy. it was a refurbished 8gig iphone for only $250 via the at&t site. i gave in and as you guys may know, i been on the look out for a new phone for a while now. i just wanted that cool ass interface. now that i should be expecting it in the mail within the next two days, what should i get for it? i plan on getting the screen protector but what are some other must haves? what is a great protective case for it? something that wont collect those little particles of dirt which create brinelling and scratch up its surfaces after time.
Great choice, especially for the price. I have way too many personal apps to install (Windows Mobile apps), and since the iPhone can't support them it is a no-go for me sadly. I have to make do with my Athena but it is BIG, sometimes too big. The iPhone's screen is very impressive though and may make it into my pocket someday soon.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Ya, iphone is pimp. You got a great price!!

I've been looking at it, but don't want another 2 yr contract and don't want to pay full price, so i've been looking into the crack that lets you use it with any GSM provider.

You're in luck too. Apple just released the sdk for software developers. So a bunch of Apps will be released pretty soon. Hopefully MS office app compatibility will be showing up within a year!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
speakings of hacks, mods and such, does anyone have any advice from experience?

if you buy new and are not on the att network, i tried using a couple progs online that my friend had *supposedly* used to unlock his. Ibrickr being one of them. Ended up locking my phone in startup scripts mode, had to get a *luckily* free replacement....and got ridicule at the apple store.... :dontknow: As far as program hacks unrelated to unlocking....i don't know...i have yet to activate my new 8gig......currently on verizon and don't want to break early.... >.<

·
Registered
230 Posts
ive had mine for a little over 8 months.

its hacked working with tmobile. only apps i have installed are the nes emulator and the tzones hack. i can get on the web via edge for the price of txt messaging.

for the most part, alot of the features are cool. the map software is identical to the mapquest site as you can do step by step maps, satellite view, route view, etc. youtube works best with a wifi connection as it will time out most of the time. weather is internet based as well. even with the support from itunes and the ipod capability, you cannot make an mp3 a ringer at this time. cant send text pics, only email. thats the biggest flaws off the top of my head...

later this year, you will see a ton of shit(apps) come out as they have released the os basics for independent developers.

i have an issue with it not coming on when the buttons are pressed but it takes a simple hold of the center and power button for it to come on.

the battery is integrated into the phone so one day, you will have to pay (i think) $75 to replace it. i believe its after 900 full cycle charges..

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
unlock it and go with tmobile. you can use the 5.99 t-zones and get internet instead of paying 20 with att

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Damn good price for it, are they offering insurance yet?? When i was looking u couldnt get insurance on them at all.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts