Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quit....As some of you know I high side a few weeks back due to a front brake malfunction (track)..I haven't been back to the track but soon I will. I did a canyon ride I notice that my confidence is gone and using the brake more..it annoyed the crap out of me all day..I hope my next track day puts me back in line, I love riding and like to push myself to be better but now..I hate this feeling, it makes me sick..I guess it's back to square 1 and more riding....

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
everybody questions their self or equipment at some point in time. I know I do right after I make a big repair but you just have to keep riding till you reassure yourself and regain your confidence

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yup ive had quite a few crashes back in the days on the track and I try to just push that to the back of the head and keep going it takes some time no doubt but you will get over that little hump thats telling ya to slow down and whatnot... just takes some time get the bike set up and so everything feels damn good and let the good times roll on or off track...

·
Registered
279 Posts
it wont take long, you will be back to normal sooner than you think.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
I have gone down on the track and street...I got back on a bike the next day...Hiding does not make the fear go away...You just need to get over it and move forward.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
My wife wrecked on April 30th and will be a year before her health is where it was on April 29th. She has vowed to never ride again, a mistake I believe she will always regret as she loves to ride.
Pick it up, dust it off and ride again, learn from what happened and get better.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I know its easy for us all to say, but it is all MENTAL. you have not lost your skill just your confidence. Good luck man and sooner or later if you stick with it you will just let that bitch hang out.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
PM me on instructions to mail your bike to my house....sound stupid right? Right! GET OVER IT QUICK!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
When you head out and make it back in one peace, it was a good ride regardless of how awesome your skills were used. Now if your on the track and want to win $$$$$$ then you have to find a way to overcome. At least you are riding. Some people don't get the chance to recover and hop back on. Count your blessings, tank up, and enjoy what you got.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I kow it's all "MENTAL" , the mind plays tricks like that..I'll still be hitting the canyons and take it easy...I hope my next trackday will make me over come this Sh*ty feeling...:eek:ccasion1

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
It happens to us all. I've crashed enough and the last go round was a nasty high side at the track. Took me a good 3 months to get over that one. I just had to let it go...

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
it wont take long, you will be back to normal sooner than you think. just take your time and learn to ride again youll be fine buddy

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
You have nothing to fear, but fear itself!!!! I really didn't understand this until I was in Washington D.C. last Spring staring at some monument that had it on it...It's simple, but I didn't get it. I sat there for awhile and though...Fuck fear, I fear nothing and have almost lost my life many times riding...What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and it always will!!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
First step is knowing what malfunction occurred. Then you take steps to avoid that situation from repeating. That alone should be a big confidence boost, right?

...and for what it's worth, WHAT WAS THE MALFUNCTION?! You're scaring me!

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First step is knowing what malfunction occurred. Then you take steps to avoid that situation from repeating. That alone should be a big confidence boost, right?

...and for what it's worth, WHAT WAS THE MALFUNCTION?! You're scaring me!
My front brakes locked up on me (bad news)..the good news was that I slowed down to exit the track (Buttonwillow) for a suspention set up. If my bike was dailed in, the out come could of been ugly. All the front brake conponent will be replace this weekend. Come to think of it, I think I'm the only mofo that endo exiting the track (EVER)!
Buttonwillow = 3 :spit:
SOUN1 = 1 :headshake
I'm making progress now..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I've been riding about 44 years. I can't count the times I felt I "lost it" and hesitated to ride. This can happen after any extended "lay-off" or accident. Now, my only problem is my damn age...."Where the hell did I park that damn bike?" "Now, why did I come to the bathroom??"................It'll pass, my friend....don't force it....you haven't lost your skills.

Good luck.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I haven't crashed yet but I've had some close ones that made me think twice about riding. You get over it. Fear is an irrational emotion that prevents you from performing at your best. Once you realize that, it won't bother you again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It may take some time but you'll be back in the game :thumbsup:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I've been riding about 44 years. I can't count the times I felt I "lost it" and hesitated to ride. This can happen after any extended "lay-off" or accident. Now, my only problem is my damn age...."Where the hell did I park that damn bike?" "Now, why did I come to the bathroom??"................It'll pass, my friend....don't force it....you haven't lost your skills.

Good luck.
you parked your bike in your bathroom, thats why you went in there hahaha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts