Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the deal i have found a very nice low milage 05 magma red 10r with lots of goodies on it. Now dont shun me for saying this but i have also found a 01 gsxr-1000 with a turbo. the gsxr is tuned nicely with low miles and putting down around 230 horsepower. i will be buying one of these next saturday. which one should i buy??

·
Registered
844 Posts
guess it depends on what you're go'n to do with it and how you ride.still unsure,-flip a coin.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
get the 05...should be a more solid bike and plus....why do you need a bike with 230 horsepower?...unless you are on a pro drag racing circuit or something??????

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i will honestly mainly just using to drive to work during the week and maybe alittle fun with it on the weekends. I am just not sure how reliable the turbo bike would be.

·
Registered
58 Posts
get the 05...should be a more solid bike and plus....why do you need a bike with 230 horsepower?...unless you are on a pro drag racing circuit or something??????
^^^^^^
:+1:...If you're looking for a daily rider my vote is with the 05. Best of luck with whatever you decide to go with

·
Registered
335 Posts
^^^^^^
:+1:...if you're looking for a daily rider my vote is with the 05. Best of luck with whatever you decide to go with
:+2:

·
Registered
454 Posts
^^^^^^
:+1:...If you're looking for a daily rider my vote is with the 05. Best of luck with whatever you decide to go with
:+2:

while I am sure a turbo bike would be something fun to experience I just don't see it being as good of a choice for daily riding... couldn't imagine riding a 230 hp bike in the rain lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
whatever u decide be sure to post pics for us when u get her home!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm a believer in buying something functional, so I'm voting for the 10r. You take a look at two bikes and one has $3k worth of pretty parts (chrome this or that, pretty paint job, etc.) and the other has $3k worth of brakes, suspension, etc. Which one suits your needs best? If you're looking for a show bike, you get the pretty stuff bike. If you're looking for a carver, you get the parts bike. If you're going to commute on it and have some fun in the canyons, you don't really need a turbo. If your idea of "having fun" is going to the drag track and ripping off 8-second runs, you go with the turbo Gixxer.

Either way you go, post up some pics!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
IMO with that turbo I just don't think that bike is going to be reliable, your gonna end up spending more on it in the long run......

·
Registered
134 Posts
i'm a believer in buying something functional, so i'm voting for the 10r. You take a look at two bikes and one has $3k worth of pretty parts (chrome this or that, pretty paint job, etc.) and the other has $3k worth of brakes, suspension, etc. Which one suits your needs best? If you're looking for a show bike, you get the pretty stuff bike. If you're looking for a carver, you get the parts bike. If you're going to commute on it and have some fun in the canyons, you don't really need a turbo. If your idea of "having fun" is going to the drag track and ripping off 8-second runs, you go with the turbo gixxer.

Either way you go, post up some pics!!!
:+1:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Gixxers are dime a dozen. 1st gen 10s are Legends. Besides, this is a 10R forum, and most of us dislike the crowd that normally gravitates toward Gixxers.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
yeah, the 05 magma is sweet, but you will definately get a biased answer here. But I am a firm believer in buying what will bring the biggest smile to your face. I commute on my 10 everyday as well, and there is no need for a 10- since its all city riding, but dang is it fun- i am sure the same can be said about a turbo bike.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have made my mind. i will be bringing home the magma red 10r next week end.
i will post some pics when i get the girl home.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
If the gsxr didn't have the turbo Id say which ever feels more comfortable to you. But since it does, and for what your going to use it for, Id have to agree and say the 10r.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts