Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the deal i have found a very nice low milage 05 magma red 10r with lots of goodies on it. Now dont shun me for saying this but i have also found a 01 gsxr-1000 with a turbo. the gsxr is tuned nicely with low miles and putting down around 230 horsepower. i will be buying one of these next saturday. which one should i buy??

· Registered
1,378 Posts
get the 05...should be a more solid bike and plus....why do you need a bike with 230 horsepower?...unless you are on a pro drag racing circuit or something??????

· Registered
344 Posts
^^^^^^
:+1:...if you're looking for a daily rider my vote is with the 05. Best of luck with whatever you decide to go with
:+2:

· Registered
132 Posts
I'm a believer in buying something functional, so I'm voting for the 10r. You take a look at two bikes and one has $3k worth of pretty parts (chrome this or that, pretty paint job, etc.) and the other has $3k worth of brakes, suspension, etc. Which one suits your needs best? If you're looking for a show bike, you get the pretty stuff bike. If you're looking for a carver, you get the parts bike. If you're going to commute on it and have some fun in the canyons, you don't really need a turbo. If your idea of "having fun" is going to the drag track and ripping off 8-second runs, you go with the turbo Gixxer.

Either way you go, post up some pics!!!

· Registered
138 Posts
i'm a believer in buying something functional, so i'm voting for the 10r. You take a look at two bikes and one has $3k worth of pretty parts (chrome this or that, pretty paint job, etc.) and the other has $3k worth of brakes, suspension, etc. Which one suits your needs best? If you're looking for a show bike, you get the pretty stuff bike. If you're looking for a carver, you get the parts bike. If you're going to commute on it and have some fun in the canyons, you don't really need a turbo. If your idea of "having fun" is going to the drag track and ripping off 8-second runs, you go with the turbo gixxer.

Either way you go, post up some pics!!!
:+1:

· Chickenstrip Eater
4,084 Posts
Gixxers are dime a dozen. 1st gen 10s are Legends. Besides, this is a 10R forum, and most of us dislike the crowd that normally gravitates toward Gixxers.

· Registered
1,934 Posts
yeah, the 05 magma is sweet, but you will definately get a biased answer here. But I am a firm believer in buying what will bring the biggest smile to your face. I commute on my 10 everyday as well, and there is no need for a 10- since its all city riding, but dang is it fun- i am sure the same can be said about a turbo bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.