Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up another 10R, a brand new '07, and I am starting to get it set up the way I like.

I have done all the reading and searching I could, but I wasn't able to find what I needed.

I need to set my suspension sag before I start messing with rebound and compression, but I don't have the equipment or the personnel to pull that off in my garage at the moment.

Are there any riders out there who are around 230-240lbs in gear who have set their sag correctly on the 06/07? Care to share your settings for preload as well as comp/rebound?

Once I have the time and people, I plan on doing it right, but I would LOVE a push in the right direction for the time being.

SETTINGS!! SHOW THEM TO ME!!

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
835 Posts
So where are ya? Might be some volunteers to assist in the neighborhood.......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Good call...Fort Collins, CO.
that would be a road trip for CB..........:wink:

suffice to say the basic sag settings for the vast majority of bikes is the same and then once you manage some mileage perhaps a lill adjustment here and there but 33-35mm of riders sag up front and 28-32mm for the rear as a start. there are also basic comp/rebound settings too but to try and convey here is a bit tedious and more than likely end up with nothing more than confusion.

Volks PM me your email addy and i'll send a PDF file for suspension.

BD

·
Registered
835 Posts
As much as I would enjoy the ride, I gotta be at work :sad:
BD has some good info.....good luck with the adjustments (a little at a time!!)
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
609 Posts
At your weight, you need to replace the springs (front and rear) at a minimum. You can make it better without, but it will still suck.

Best to just dump the rear shock and go aftermarket.

·
Registered
614 Posts
At your weight, you need to replace the springs (front and rear) at a minimum. You can make it better without, but it will still suck.

Best to just dump the rear shock and go aftermarket.
+1, given your weight, no matter how much you preload the rear given the linkage ratio of the stock bike you probably won't achieve the correct sag. You probably need a (correction) around a 550lb / in spring to even get the thing working right, and if you put that on the stock shock, it would have no capacity to damp it.

Same for the front springs, they claim 1.0kg/mm, but measure differently. You'll most likely need in the vicinity of *proper* 1.0kg/mm springs.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Im 190lbs and use a 1.0 in the front and had to go way up on the back spring. your gonna need suspension work to make it handle half ass. I had both ends re-valved and it made a world of difference, not as good as ohlins im sure but the bike is balanced now and it cost a lot less coin than the good stuff.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback, looks like the rear is gonna have to go, and the front needs some new springs.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, looks like the rear is gonna have to go, and the front needs some new springs.
2nd hand Penske shocks are generally the best bang for buck you'll get, and just as good as Ohlins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts