Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's... Whats your thought's on Brands of Rear Sets.. Saw the earlier posting on the Attacks rear sets. $500+ bones and doesn't come complete?? I just bought a set like well known Race fairing company sells and was well... Disappointing.. Didn't come with correct shift rod, Moves peg back 1" "This is Good" But raises Peg by One inch and won't go lower "This is Bad" I'm looking to Lower and Move back my rear sets, so I'm looking forward to your suggestions.. Btw... Make somebody a killer deal on a new set of rear sets...

Thanks All..

RC

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hey guy's... Whats your thought's on Brands of Rear Sets.. Saw the earlier posting on the Attacks rear sets. $500+ bones and doesn't come complete?? I just bought a set like well known Race fairing company sells and was well... Disappointing.. Didn't come with correct shift rod, Moves peg back 1" "This is Good" But raises Peg by One inch and won't go lower "This is Bad" I'm looking to Lower and Move back my rear sets, so I'm looking forward to your suggestions.. Btw... Make somebody a killer deal on a new set of rear sets...

Thanks All..

RC
I like my Vortex on my Gen 2. They go down 5mm from stock, and up 5mm from stock. I run them stock front to back and down 5mm and they are pretty comfy.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like my Vortex on my Gen 2. They go down 5mm from stock, and up 5mm from stock. I run them stock front to back and down 5mm and they are pretty comfy.

Thanks Evil.... No Joy... Went to their website... Just shows rear brake switch.. Gonna assume they don't make for a 2016..

RC

·
Registered
696 Posts
Check with Mike at Rider's Discount here on the forum. I thought they had them for the 2015, which should be the same, right?

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts

Thanks All..

RC
What Gen ZX10r?

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
If a g-5 I'd be interested. The g4 configuration came with a selection of rearset positions which was most likely the number one reason I immediately dialed into this super. All past supers cramped legs fast. Not the g4. Not one time, with rearsets placed in lowest position.

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
Higher rearsets only. So curious. Statistically few riders waste time at the track yet Kawa deletes the g4 multi setting rearsets for a downgrade. High rearsets work well at track as everyone rests all the time. Real street riders run for several hours so would look for rearsets with position options. g4 engineers were riders or had a ton of rider input.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Look into Driven D-Axis rearsets, if memory serves me right, they have lower positions than OEM. Keep in mind, last I heard the anodizing isn't the best on the market.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Look into Driven D-Axis rearsets, if memory serves me right, they have lower positions than OEM. Keep in mind, last I heard the anodizing isn't the best on the market.
Thanks Krank
Great suggestion, but no cigar.. They don't make one for the 2016 ZX10R and what they did mention was their sets go from OEM to 24mm up & 24mm back..

Man.. Nice looking stuff too.. I was disappointed.

I'm starting to wonder if I can get somebody to make me a modified backing plate for the rear set mounts..

RC

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Higher rearsets only. So curious. Statistically few riders waste time at the track yet Kawa deletes the g4 multi setting rearsets for a downgrade. High rearsets work well at track as everyone rests all the time. Real street riders run for several hours so would look for rearsets with position options. g4 engineers were riders or had a ton of rider input.
Whatever the reason Scout.. It's killing me.. But actually, I don't think this is a Kawi engineer problem.. It's the after market folks who are letting me down.. (unless the G4 were OEM adjustable?)

Never thought my 999R would feel like a sofa and my 05 Gixer 1K with Giles rearsets feel like a recliner compared to my new ZED X :crackup:

R&G looked good too, but their site does not mention specs.. I emailed for info, but not really holding my breath..

RC

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just realized newb mistake.. I meant to post this in GEN5 section..

Mods... Does this need moving??

RC

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I found you a good set from Bonamici. "Bonamici rearsets have highly adjustable footpeg locations allowing movement down & up and forward & back from stock position:

Adjustable Forward(-) & Back(+) : +20mm, +30mm, +40mm

Adjustable Down(-) & Up(+) : +10mm, +20mm, +30mm

Check it out:

Bonamici Rearset Kit - Kawasaki ZX-10R (2016-2017)

Thanks Krank..
Unfortunately these also go Back... But not Down.. In this case, Forward is - and Back is + There are +20mm +30mm +40mm which indicate these positions move back towards rear.. But notice there are no - positions listed so it does not move forward of OEM but moves back as seen in listed measurements.. Same applies to the down measurements.. I.G There are no - positions listed, once again just + positions..

Now, If I've misunderstood this.. Please feel free to point this out to me. Coz I really hope I am misunderstanding and they do have down positions.. But this is pretty much how I got stuck with this other new set of rearsets..

Regards.

RC

1 - 20 of 23 Posts