Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not stay away and picked me up another 10 tonight! I checked with Wal-Mart and they said they would not be getting any bloo models, afraid it would cause a stampede with the demand and they do not want to risk the liability. So, I went with Green. Now I just need to mod it. The turn signals and mud flap will be off in a few minutes along with the left passenger peg. I have som ti paint for the can and I think I know how to make a tiny Akra sticker although I may go Leo. The mirrors are coming off as they are useless and look retarded. Not sure what to do for covers for the holes that are left. Gonna shorten the pegs and paint them Ti, may try to make them look like Gilles. I see no way to get rid of the reflector by the front disks, so I may just paint them black. Any other mods I am missing? Should I make a damper for it? Bike really needs a cowl......

 

·
Bloo Moderator
Joined
·
23,742 Posts
Did you ask your son or daughter first :dontknow: I have to keep all mine stock because the boy just starts and plays with them as is. I did have to do a mirror repair because of course it broke. Also, just found another black one today, so now I have 3 ZX10s(ok, my boy does) :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bluedevil said:
Did you ask your son or daughter first :dontknow: I have to keep all mine stock because the boy just starts and plays with them as is. I did have to do a mirror repair because of course it broke. Also, just found another black one today, so now I have 3 ZX10s(ok, my boy does) :thumbsup:

My son wants to "borrow" it until I go to work Monday. He has a Caprossi replica, a Rossi replica, a ZX-12R, and now he wants my 10.....
 

·
Bloo Moderator
Joined
·
23,742 Posts
king-tony said:
My son wants to "borrow" it until I go to work Monday. He has a Caprossi replica, a Rossi replica, a ZX-12R, and now he wants my 10.....
Oh, dude....you can't deny him the 10. My son has watched me drag race and roots for me all the time. When I first found the 10 at WalMart I never seen him so exited for a toy, and he is the only child and gets alot :wink: Let the boy have it, I now have found 2 in the past 2 weeks so they are coming in better quanities, you just have to keep looking everytime you go hit the store :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,049 Posts
I haven't been able to find any ZX10R's at the Wal-Mart here. Guess I'll go to Ebay. :mrgreen:
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
I still havent seen full leather pics next to the bike yet!

:1848:


*waiting...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,179 Posts
I picked up a green 10R just like that one, and a silver/grey busa kit like that. Got them on the shelf in my spare room where I keep all my bike shid. Wish I could find a black 10 kit... May have to buy another green one and paint that bitch! :thumbsup:
 

·
Bloo Moderator
Joined
·
23,742 Posts
Ruthless Racing said:
I haven't been able to find any ZX10R's at the Wal-Mart here. Guess I'll go to Ebay. :mrgreen:
How much you willing to pay, Maybe I can talk my boy into selling you his black one he got today that is un-opened :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,179 Posts
bluedevil said:
How much you willing to pay, Maybe I can talk my boy into selling you his black one he got today that is un-opened :dontknow:
Is it the model kit like the one posted above? The big kit that comes in pieces and you put it together like the one in the first post in this thread? Or is it the smaller pre-assembled version? I want the bigger model that requires aseembly so it is the same size as the green 10 and busa on the shelf.
 

·
Bloo Moderator
Joined
·
23,742 Posts
El Diablo said:
Is it the model kit like the one posted above? The big kit that comes in pieces and you put it together like the one in the first post in this thread? Or is it the smaller pre-assembled version? I want the bigger model that requires aseembly so it is the same size as the green 10 and busa on the shelf.
I'm a little confused because the Model kit you said is the pic above looks exactly like the 10 I bought at Walmart originally. It was pre-assembled and the 2 black one's I bought so far are the same :dontknow: Here is the original thread I started when I found the green one with pics:

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11250&page=1&highlight=found+walmart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,179 Posts
bluedevil said:
I'm a little confused because the Model kit you said is the pic above looks exactly like the 10 I bought at Walmart originally. It was pre-assembled and the 2 black one's I bought so far are the same :dontknow: Here is the original thread I started when I found the green one with pics:

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11250&page=1&highlight=found+walmart

After reading that and comparing mine to the one in this thread I see they are different. My green 10R and silver/grey busa are Maisto 1:12 scale models that require assembly (all screws or snap together... no glue). Here's a few shots of the bikes and the boxes they came in. Comes with a tiny screw driver to assemble them with.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,179 Posts
And yes I need to dust that fuggin' room... :fu2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hillcountry10r said:
I still havent seen full leather pics next to the bike yet!

:1848:


*waiting...

I know, I sold my gear, wish I had not cause I think I am going to get me a track bike next year.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,179 Posts
king-tony said:
LOL, I was going to ask if it snowed in Georgia last night :badteeth:
:crackup: Well, that room is full of spare/extra bike parts (mostly busa stuff) and it's a beeyotch to clean, so it doesn't get it as often as the rest of the house. :mrgreen:
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
king-tony said:
I know, I sold my gear, wish I had not cause I think I am going to get me a track bike next year.....
GIT ER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONce you got track you dont go back!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eyecrazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hillcountry10r said:
GIT ER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONce you got track you dont go back!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eyecrazy:

This is what my wife is afraid of....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,118 Posts
well when i was in san anton last week we went to a flee market to dick around, guess what i got, a new MV AGUSTA F4 1k :smile: and a ford gt dub edition, both are very well detailed.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top