Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just picked up a sweet 05 ZX-10 gen 1 and it’s completely stock. Yes, when I say stock I mean even that ugly muffler on the side! So I’m new to the Kawasaki world I had a CBR100RR Repsol but unfortunately it was stolen. Anyhoo, I love this bike! It’s light as all heck and it’s a bit under torqued I think but all in all I like it. Here’s my problem though, is it just me or is the front end a little light? Meaning in corners after I dive in it seems to wanna speed wobble every time. I checked the forks, brand new tires, and even set the suspension to my weight and height. I’m going to get a stabilizer but which one? The bar or the GPR? Also if I replace the muffler with a shorty, what would be a good suggestion? I’m leaning towards the M4 but are there any others that might give it a better louder deeper rumble without breaking my pockets? Last question is how can I produce or get more HP out of the bike? Like where should I start besides the obvious PC and stuff. Like I said I’m in love with the bike I just want to give it some flair and some power. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I always had good luck with the GPR on my previous bikes. Don't currently have one on my gen 1 though, so cant speak to the bike specifics of the GPR. I also think Brocks is a decently deep sounding exhaust. Check out some on YouTube

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always had good luck with the GPR on my previous bikes. Don't currently have one on my gen 1 though, so cant speak to the bike specifics of the GPR. I also think Brocks is a decently deep sounding exhaust. Check out some on YouTube

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
...is it just me or is the front end a little light?
The Gen 1 is infamous for this. I have a GPR on my '04, and it cured that twitchiness instantly. I keep mine set @2, and I'm good.

Exhausts are hard to find for 15 year-old bikes. Grab what you can...

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚂𝚌𝚘𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎, 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝙴𝙽𝟷.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts