Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brothers,

I Just took off my akro and installed the boz moira...In doing so, I had to cut the two wires that go to the butter fly valve, down by the exhaust in order to be able to remove it...

I put on the new system and now, when I turn on the key, I have power but when I push the start button, nothing happens...

HELP PLS...thank you

·
Registered
272 Posts
what wires? there is 2 cables that run from the servo motor to the valve but they dont have to be cut to get them out. No wires should need to be cut.Its an 04-05?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, those are the cables that I cut. and yes, its an 04...

oopsy! so what should I do now?

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Taking off an Akro and putting on a Boz Moira?

Thats like turning down a date with Scarlet Johanson in order to go out with Rene Zellweger. WHY would you do that???

In gear? Sidestand down? Check all the obvious stuff.

Your Boz adventure is not starting out well.

JJ

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, I checked all the obvious stuff...here is what happens when I turn the key...

the gauges flicker very weakly...all lights are on including FI light...then they slowly get brighter to what they're supposed to look like...then I hear a repeated clicking sound from around the battery area....and when I try to start, nothing happens. It all goes dead again...

·
Registered
19 Posts
The cables to the exhaust valve should not effect anything. From the power up description I would check to see if while cutting the cables they bumped the battery cables. It sounds as if a battery cable is loose. Keep us up to date. It sucks to have a problem like that on a weekend.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has the bike been sitting for awhile? Sounds like the battery could use a good charge.

no it was working right before I changed over the exhaust...its definitely something more complicated...the clicking sound is something trying to start but failing to...will work on it today and post an update later

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
no it was working right before I changed over the exhaust...its definitely something more complicated...the clicking sound is something trying to start but failing to...will work on it today and post an update later
check the connections to the battery as well, this was happening to my sv when one of the terminals was lose, it would sit there and make a clicking noise

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update- I checked the battery and it looks like there was an internal explosion in it...the + lead had the blue/green oxidation and a bunch of dark rad goop all over it that had supposedly spewed out from inside...never seen this on a sealed battery before....wtf?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts