Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have a brand new ohlins with the fork clamp. The only part i'm missing is the bracket that mounts it to the frame. Its all Brand new i purchased it on ebay but I ended up selling my 04 without it.....Pm me if your interested

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
steering DAMPNER, does that make your handlebars wet?
I only use dampers, these help stabalize the front end. good luck!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
smarta$$

I have this one on my 1st gen in black and gold. They only have the blue one left but I can tell you after 13 k miles this thing is rock solid! Made in Italy. If you have it turned up all the way it is hard to turn the bars at slow speeds:badteeth:

http://www.oncycles.com/catalog.asp?pn=BDD00044
ok dude you've really struck my curiousity. are they really worth it? i'm usually in the boat of "you get what you pay for" & all the other dampers are $400+. is there anything you dont like about it? why is it so much cheaper? did you have to drill in the triple? tia

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Scotts.........but i don't think there's a "bad" choice...just put one on that 1st gen for sure!! DAMMIT i thought i changed the pic size on the camera!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
smarta$$

ok dude you've really struck my curiousity. are they really worth it? i'm usually in the boat of "you get what you pay for" & all the other dampers are $400+. is there anything you dont like about it? why is it so much cheaper? did you have to drill in the triple? tia
First off, Here is there website: http://www.matrisdampers.com/ Check out the design and function on there website. Mine is the M3 their race version is probably better but more $$$.

It is so tight on full setting that it is hard to turn the bars at low speed! That is how solid this unit is. The metals and craftsmanship are second to none. These are made in Italy! NOT IN CHINA. It has not pitted or rusted and looks as good as it came out of the box. They are cheaper on this site since they are having a sale the regular price is in the $400's!!! They are more expensive elsewhere.

I have had mine for 17k miles and it is still as tight as a virgin with her hymen still in place with no leaks! Yes it is worth it!!! My buddies stock ohlins damper on his 08 is weak and was weak when he got the bike brand new!! He still gets headshake with the knob turned all the way in! They are popular in Europe not so much here.

As many of you know, all aftermarket parts are all opinion based by the end user. I say this is better than others some will disagree. Go with your own decision and experience it all yourself. I can tell you it is awesome (the price makes it so too)

Yes you have to drill a tiny hole in the triple (easy if you have any idea on how to drill. Just tape the drill bit to mark the depth you want). Peace

Read some of this feedback: http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/9709-matris-dampers.html

·
11,423 Posts
Had a matris D3 on my gixxer 750 mounted in the stock location under the triple tree and i loved that damn thing!!! i had tried gpr,scotts,hyperpro,ohlins,pit bull,and a couple off brands.....ran across that matris for a good price and fell in love with it!!! run the scotts now BUT the matris is a damn good DAMPER-stabalizer.

·
11,423 Posts
:headshake...you're just always full of help, find and read Rkawi's sig please..:mrgreen:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts