Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a zx14 08 rear brake caliper fit a 05zx10 and will it make any difference?? ie will it be better than the standed rear zx10r brake caliper
i tired seaching but have had no luck with any answers

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,225 Posts
There's a rear brake on these bikes??? :badteeth:

Don't know if it will fit, but most people don't worry about it because it won't make that much difference. If you're hard on the fronts, then the back tire will be very light or off the ground slightly making the rear brake useless. My recommendation is to not worry about swapping the rear caliper.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I would be curious about the same question for 3rd gen... I want more rear brake for poppin wheelies haha. Other than that I don't really use much rear either.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
The ZX-14 also uses an underslung caliper from what I remember.
That would be cool if it fit!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reason i want it is
a/ its a nissan
b/ its black
c/ there cheap
d/ thew standeard one is crap

i never use my rear brake but as i have nissans at the front i want one at the rear too
can someone advise if this will fit i have found a cheap one and one that is in very good condition

·
Registered
333 Posts
I can't remember the last time i used my rear brake other than to settle the chassis while braking hard for corner or an interstate off ramp . Mine is set up as a trail brake only so there's no point in having a rear brake that would stop a train because i don't use that much rear brake.

·
Gone
673 Posts
i think the 14 runs a larger rear disc too so you'd need the whole setup to swap...

providing the spindle sizes match, offset of the disc and the thickness of the caliper carrier itself and how it locates in the swingarm (anti-rotation/locating lug)

but saying that anything is possible with some engineering.

i'm currently working on my own quick-release style setup with underslung carrier and off set disc and captive spacers for stock spec wheels... watch this space :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Garth is doing a 14 style swap right now. I don't think he's using the oem caliper but doing the underslung bracket I believe. Maybe try pming him.

·
Registered
388 Posts
no it doesn't fit, the axle is bigger on the 14 and so is the disc, and the bracket is wider at the axle. Would take a lot to get it converted for the 10.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Dont think they do fit unless you can custom make a bracket to mount it :dontknow:

I use an 08 zx6r rear caliper on my bike to match the front nissins

plus i have a spare 08 zx6r caliper sitting in the shed seems i brought another for the black rear master cylinder :lol:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is it black or gold mate??
pm me

·
Registered
523 Posts
PM sent mate :wink:

·
Registered