Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a lot of questions about running e-85 in my bike, but i can not find anyone who knows this stuff well. i am thinkin of tunning for it on a turbo app. but will also be streetin the bike too. tons of questions, so please help

·
Registered
253 Posts
i wouldn't say im a guru but u should post your questions on here. I understand e85 and how it pertains to evo's so a turbo'd 10r should be pretty similar.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to run e-85 as a primary fuel due to its higher detonation point, but it is pretty hard to find around here. so i was wondering if it would be possible to run two maps with the pc hub and be able to switch between them when i can not find it? i will build the bike to support the needs of the e-85 and then tune it down for pump gas. the real question is what happens when you mix 3/4 of a gallon of e-85 with 3 1/4 gallons of pump gas? plus can you get a good tune with injectors that are way overkill? or since i am running full secondaries, what if those alone ran the e-85 ant just mixed in the tb? i can n ot find anyone running this on the street yet but i know it is way better for high performance apps. thanks again guys

·
Registered
253 Posts
oh i didn't realize it was u that was posting. Yea the closest place to us is boston i believe. I can't help much as i don't know much about bikes as far as the software goes. As far a mixing fuels goes.. Yes it is fine to do, however since you want to only have two maps then you won't be able to. Id suggest a pump gas map and then a e85 map. If you run the 85 map with a couple gallons of pump then your tune will be too agressive and cause knock. Also don't forget its not e85 year round. in the winter here its like e76 or something. Its not as good as the 85 obviously. In my opinion it would be to complicated to mix them and you would never have the correct tune. Thus losing power and harming the engine. A straight e85 tune with larger injectors, then leave them in and scale them down for the pump tune i think is a plausable idea.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i understand that, but what happens when i hit reserve with e-85 in the tank and have ti fill up with pump gas? there will still be around a gallon of 85 left. will i t run like shit or harm the engine? and what if just the secondaries run off a second tank end use the e-85 for boost apps? can it be mixed like that?

·
Registered
253 Posts
yes it can be mixed. You would just have to use your pump gas tune instead of your agressive full e85 tune. It will be slightly richer due to the higher octane than you are tuned for with the 93 octane but it won't harm anything.

·
Registered
90 Posts
with a power commander multi function hub, you can change maps with a handlebar switch. E85 requires the use of 40 to 50 percent larger fuel injectors, to compensate for its 40-45 percent increase in fuel demand. The change in stoichiometric AFR from 14.7:1 with gasoline to 9.76:1 with E85 is 66 percent, but the resulting flow needed is only 40 percent greater, due to E85's higher density than gasoline; i would make a pure E-85 map, and a map for E85 mixed with gasoline while on reserve. mixing the two will be fine, as long as it is tuned for the mixture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts