Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a red 2003 Nissan 350Z with 29K. I drove it yesterday and it was great. 6 speed with a lot of power. Does anybody here own this car or know about it well? I've owned a convertible 300ZX and t-top 300ZX in the past. Good solid cars but I had to put in a new tranny on the t-top. But that t-top had 180K miles on it. Both automatics.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I have seen several of them down here in North Carlolina and they seem to be pretty cool cars. I saw around 10 of them at deals gap last year and they said that they loved the cars.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
they are some pretty sweet looking cars - if i could afford one, id get one, but i cant. but an fyi ... im sure you already know but, they cant keep up with my bike :mrgreen:

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
the 350 is one of the best looking sports cars on the market imo. lots of tuning capability if you want to squeeze some serious power out of it. it handles real well and is a lot of fun to drive. the na engine is solid but a bolt on turbo/sc will yield gains of 100+whp. check the comps on ebay/kbb and if the price is right get it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
350s are nice cars but I would also go test drive a Z06 before I made up my mind . They are faster and also look Nice. There is also plenty of good deals on them around.:thumbsup: Good luck on your choice.

Attachments

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
cuda said:
350s are nice cars but I would also go test drive a Z06 before I made up my mind . They are faster and also look Nice. There is also plenty of good deals on them around.:thumbsup: Good luck on your choice.
yeah and also much more expensive

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, thanks bros. I'm having a body shop look at the car at noon today. It's a base model coupe I think. Cloth interior but it has some kind of traction control (VDR?) on it. This is not the actual car I'm maybe buying but a pic I found. Same color.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cuda said:

Yeah, Vettes are nice but too much money for what I wanna spend. My brother has owned 4 Vettes. You can tune the shit out of these 350Z's like ripper said. I saw/heard a silver 350Z a few weeks ago with a supercharger. It sounded great. Of course they can't keep up with our bikes Titanium, hehe...

·
Registered
969 Posts
It's a good car. Just be careful in the rain out there cause you will get sideways alot. That car has been being used alot for drifting. Greddy make a twin turbo kit for the 350Z that give you crazy gains on stock internals. Get it you will like it.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I have a friend that got one of the pre-order (when the first came out) Track models in blue. Brembo breaks are excellent. sweet car, handled a little heavy but lots of power (the newer ones have 300HP) and it road very very solid. Go buy it, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
byebyebusa said:
I have a friend that got one of the pre-order (when the first came out) Track models in blue. Brembo breaks are excellent. sweet car, handled a little heavy but lots of power (the newer ones have 300HP) and it road very very solid. Go buy it, you won't be disappointed.
Yeah, I did notcie the HP increase in 06. I'm sure it's just a computer upgrade. I know you can get the computer upgraded aftermarket thru Jim Wolf Technologies or other places that wil give you 300hp. I think the 03 is 285hp? It's the same 3.5 liter engine as the 06. That's still good considering it's naturally aspirated. My ol 300ZX's and the Pathfinder had the 3.0l but basically the same engine. Great powerplants, I've owned 3 Nissan vehicles.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GreenGoblin said:
Nissan's last forever, I had a truck that had over 400k when I sold it six years ago, and I still see it driving around!

Hahaha, me too. I had a old 1987 Nissan Pathfinder that had almost 300K on it when I sold it. That thing ran perfect for the 3 years that I had it, never a problem. I towed my boat, went camping and did light off roading with it. Yeah, those 6 cylinder engines are awesome. I think my past 1990 Toyota 4-Runner had a little bit more power though? Can't remember for sure.

I also had a convertible 300ZX and a t-top. I bought the 93 convertible for 11K and sold it for 17K about 10 months later. I really didn't want to sell it but it was about to hit 90K and the dude kept offering. I felt if I didn't do it I would regret it later. It's just a car, you can always get another one. The t-top had a tranny replaced though. Only major problem with the 3 Nissan's I owned. How are the trannys in the 350Z's I wonder? The one I'm getting only has 29K so I'm sure I don't have much to worry bout.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
http://www.automotivearticles.com/Gary_Johnson_s_Nissan_350Z.shtml

Here's the page for that red 350ZX I used earlier. He has a twin turbo in it. So if he is claiming 350hp at the rear wheels that is around 400hp at the crank?

Currently, the Z is used as Gary's daily driver, representing the Sherwin-Williams paint company well as it zips Gary from client to client. Although not officially designed for racing, this stand out sports car has seen its fair share of street challenges. Most recently, Gary met up lane to lane with a new body Trans Am a few days after the GReddy TT install. Although the T/A had at least an aftermarket exhaust; when the light dropped, it was still no match for the VQ35 and two 18G's.

It would seem to us here at AA that putting down 350 horsepower would make anyone want to do nothing but race, however Gary has different plans for this feature car. Very soon this beautiful 350Z will be retired from the daily grind in order to be prepared for next year's show circuits. With much of the attention being placed on the interior styling of the car and a twin turbo kit alread installed, it should be very interesting to see how this project turns out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts