Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, does any other 08 owner agree that changing the spark plugs is retardedly hard? Anyways, I was in a hurry and pulled two coils out at once and accidently kicked them, moving them.. Do they have to be specific? #1 coil HAS to be #1 coil?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Are you referring to the coil itself or the the coil AND the wires?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the coil itself.. The wires are idiot proofed for the most part. The way they are set up on the harness it leads each plug to where it plugs in to the coil.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
it doesn't matter...just don't kick them :idea:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How in the hell did some of you guys get your right side frame bolt out? The big black one? I've snapped two craftsman allen heads..

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
How in the hell did some of you guys get your right side frame bolt out? The big black one? I've snapped two craftsman allen heads..

Probably didnt use Craftsman....

·
Registered
360 Posts
Is that the right side bolt that a champs slider replaces? I broke 2 allen wrenches before I finally got mine loose. I was about ready to cut the head off of it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
little suggestion for those wanting to take that bolt out and have a better chance at it, use a little heat on the bolt before attempting removal. it wont work every time, but most of the time it does the job. a small butane torch is what i use for situations like this.

thanks
anthony

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
when that happens.........

When I have that happen to me,I shoot it with some PB blast and work on another project for a second.
After soaking in the PB blast for a second the nuts & bolts break free.And for the hard to reach areas,it has that convient little wd-40 tube to hit those areas.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
That's what's great about these forums.

I already know what to expect when I take mine out.

I'll have the heat gun out and a little finesse with the
impact gun and apex will hopefully get it out.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well mine started to round out so I stopped. I think I'm going to just take it to the dealer and let them deal with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts