Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front brake's :badteeth:

I finally got a complete front brake set up from a 14 for my bike..... came complete with the radial master cylinder, stock lines, lever, and calipers...... got the set up for 170 shipped which is a pretty damn good deal.

I put the set up on my bike today even though it was raining but of course right away you can notice a massive difference. I have Braking wave rotrs as well and the combination all together is amazing. I highly reccommend that if you ever have the chnace to grab a set of calipers and a better master for the 04-05 do so.

This one one of the last few things I wanted to do on my bike and its well worth it. I think the only thing left on my bike to do is carbon fiber rear hugger and chain gaurd and hmm not much else. but shit the list of mods to my bike is long enough, now that I have superbike horsepower I have superbike stopping power!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ebay my frined.....was the best deal i have seen, i jsut saw a set go for liek 300 bux or so.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
good to hear another satisfied brake customer. :thumbsup:

Have you considered replacing the dented frame yet?

BD

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeha Im using the stock 14 brake pads.

as for the frame....not yet... lol.... its a straight frame, was laser aligned from GMD so its alright, I do want to replace it though. I should have a brand new swingarm soon toi, i have 2 small dents in that as well.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rode the bike to the meet tonight and got a better feel for them i can literaly stop on a dime now. I love these suckers........ one of the best bang for the buck. :-D

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
our bud from yosh says a 1350 but totally redesigned and will blow the 14 outta the water but only time will tell.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
our bud from yosh says a 1350 but totally redesigned and will blow the 14 outta the water but only time will tell.
maybe but in this time and in Pro Star the 14 is the king...a quote from RR this weekend:

"Thanks. I was on a gixxer, but S/ET and S/ST winners were ZX-14's"

Seems the ZX14s are for real. :wink:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah defintly......the way they built the 14 is awesome for the strip I hear the gear box and clutch are meant for the strip.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
yeah defintly......the way they built the 14 is awesome for the strip I hear the gear box and clutch are meant for the strip.
yep, Rickey Gasdon said he did 40 passes in one day on stock clutch and it was solid. There are many other tests in the last year like putting a Mag. rider on a stock busa and stock ZX14 back to back..the riders always did better on the 14.:wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts