Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went riding today with a couple people and apparently there was a cop following us, needless to say we were pulled over after I decided to open her up and slow down. Bike is impounded for 48 hours and I have my license suspended for 15 days. Work is gonna be fun. Was kind of a wake up call though so wasn't totally in vain.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, just on the side of the road for an hour and half. I pulled over as fast as I could trying to keep him in a good mood, gets out of his car say he's charging us with street racing and takes are keys. He did ease up on the ticket, was charged with driving without consideration as apose to excesive speeding. The license suspension is the only major pita.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dunno exactly I never look down but I'd say somewhere at 10k rpm in 4th with stock gearing. He said 188kph but thats definitely not right.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
HOLY SHIT man!!!!!! sorry to hear that and at least he didn't take you in and cut you some slack on the ticket......sucks that they towed the bike, hopefully she comes out just as she went in bro cause i've heard some pretty fukd up stories of bikes going to the impound yard AND just the ride there alone. that's here in TX though and hope everything turns out well. how much is it gonna run ya for everything? ticket,impound,license?

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
that def sucks man,.......sorry ya had that happen........but I think the worst is yet to come......unless your local police impound and county are no where as greedy when it comes to towing and storage fees and taxes,.and fees,.and fees.and well........you get the idea!.........damn......I hate ya got in trouble though!......

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well could have been worse:sad: Now it's either no more speeding or no more pulling over for a while though:cool:

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if there's any damage to the bike I'm suing the shit out of mundies the towing company, because it probably wouldn't be small claims court which is $5000 or less. Ticket is $196 I'm figure the impound is going to be just under $200. I'm going to dispute the ticket so I wont have to pay points for a while and I might get off depending if he shows up or not. Cop was a good guy and a fellow rider. If I have to pay point an addition $300 and who know what'll happen to my insurance rate.

Running did cross my mind for a split second but that would've been the dumbest thing I could ever do, not worth it, in this case.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Sorry for your bad luck. Hopefully you get out of it smoothly. And if they scratch that bike... :machinegu

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
some good advice if this happens again, or hopefully you did do it...
Take pics of the bike while the leo is witness before it is towed. I've seen wreckers fuck up sportbikes because they had now Idea how to haul them. I'm speaking out of experience too! lol

·
Registered
279 Posts
Amen to not being in Ontario!!

I worry everytime I'm on the road what BS reason the local LEO's will pull on the sport bike population to give a ticket. Been riding 9 years, no incidents, but now I'm one of the few "Grandma" riders that has this big bike for daily commutes.

Since the new law passed, I've decreased my few occassional throttle ups to next to none... even back roads are starting to get slower out of fear of losing my ride.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I would have to agree with you on not running. If the cop as been following you for awhile you know he's got your license plate #'s. Run and they would find you, then you would have to play the "i dont know who was riding my bike" game. Definately doesnt sound worth it in this case. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.....

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
some good advice if this happens again, or hopefully you did do it...
Take pics of the bike while the leo is witness before it is towed. I've seen wreckers fuck up sportbikes because they had now Idea how to haul them. I'm speaking out of experience too! lol
:iamwithst

1 - 20 of 35 Posts