Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hello: i used have two zx10r's and now decided to try the zx6r . I hope i won't be disappointed !! Guy's please give me some hope . Will i enjoy it ? Does it come up under power ? any mods that are needed ? I 'll be picking it up on monday from my local dealer in Miami

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Does this mod work on the 10r as well

·
Registered
235 Posts
Dude you'll love the zx6r... as long as you ride it for what it is, a 600 and there is no getting away from that. the things handles like nothing you've ever felt and keep those revs up over 8000 or 9000 when riding hard and you'll get your adrenaline going for sure!!
This bike pulls hard above 9000 REALLY hard. I'm lucky that I live in South Africa and we don't have to do the jumper mod. So the bike shoot outs here place the zx6 much higher than in the States. So yeah, do the jumper mod asap.

mods: jumper first... if you wanna get a pipe, then a slip-on is a bit of a waste, performance wise anyway. The bike has a resonator in the belly which houses the cats as far as I know. And there for a slip-on will give you like 1 hp if you lucky. A slip-on will improve handling characteristics and give you a sweet sound tho. I've heard of some guys who have cut out the resonator and replaced the pipe in that section and just hooked up a slip on with good results... I'd like to hear more if anyone has done this with success.
PC3's can be a pain to find a spot for, cos the space under the rear seat is ONLY good for the tool kit it comes with. And then air filter for sure.

Anything more than this I wouldn't know about. I am looking for a new tail light and indicators for the rear because the stock brake light is huge... so I'm looking for a new system there. Damn this bike looks hot with a clean rear!!

One mod that I did was to relocate the rear brake resovoir from its current location sticking out on the side, to under the seat using only what was used to mount the thing in the first place. No cutting, no bleeding... it was quite easy, took 20 minutes to do. improves the visual flow at the rear after losing the rear pegs.

I'll post some pics later after my bike is clean :p

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
You'll love it. The bike is MADE for racing tho... it's no street bike. Not that you can't enjoy it around town, but as previously stated, she lives above 9K rpm. And now'a'days thats hard to do without getting slammed by the man!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok , they called me today , it was ready . When i got to the dealer the bike was in the middle of the show room ready for me to take it home ,brandnew ! I start it up .... and the sound.... terrible ! sounds like a scooter . I guess i'll be looking into exhaust systems . i road around the city a little and it rides real nice ,very stiff rear end and seat , but couldn't really feel the power as i have to keep under 6000 . very sexy bike

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah dude, don't let the break in period get you down... its SOOOO hard to do on this bike cos of the almost lack of low power... Just wait till you can use the full tach, she screams crazy!!!! and doesn't even sound too bad, but a pipe is required for sure!

The suspension I found was set softer than my 10 was but the seat is harder.

You must do the jumper mod before you let her loose, cos if you don't, then the power will drop off at like 12500. Once the mod is done the power will then drop off around 14500... not close enough to the redline in my opinion. So you kinda gotta change at 14500 to keep it in power.

Congrats on your bike

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm surprised ! the exhaust system sounds much better today ! . Maybe there was something loose in the exhaust . Anyhow i'm up to 60 miles and the bike is fantastic . I think it look even better that my old 05 zx10r . great brakes and fun at least up to now . I could only get it up to around 70 , but i know i'll really enjoy this bike .I have to keep the revs low but i could feel that it wants to go. Does anybody know if i have to bring it to the dealer for it first check or can i change the oil and filter myself ?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Awesome that you're enjoying the bike so far...

I wouldn't know about American warranty at all. In South Africa I had to get the dealer to do the first 1000km service.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I am in the same boat. I had a 10 and this weekend i am going to get my 636. I am not too worried about missing anything as far as power, i just want to try to refine my swirving skills.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah I downgraded from an '05 10 and love this 6 more... maybe because I ride notably faster now than I used to. Its definitely teaching me to ride properly. And when I do go up to a 10 again, then my cornering skills will be much improved.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts