Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know there is a difference between the "synthetic based" and "full synthetic" but has anyone use the synthetic base 10w40? I don't ride that hard and it doesn't get too hot here in socal so I am wondering if the cheaper synthetic mixture will be good for me or not.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would spend the extra money and go with full sythentic. Shifting is so much smoother and you get that extra performance/safty out of full synthetic. but that is just me

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I use Repsol 10w40 synthetic in my 04 and will eventually use it in the 08 - its good stuff.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, I was just making sure that everyone else thought that full synthetic is the way to go.

·
Registered
60 Posts
if my sifting is starting to shift hard is it the oil..... i just changed my oil but i think it was just the normal stock oil i put back in it

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im a Repsol, Redline, Maxima and Amsoil dealer. I run Amsoil in my 08 10R as well as my car and Dodge diesel .. Its good stuff !!
How much shipped to 92058 for a 1 gallon jug and a 1 liter bottle (for topping off) of full synthetic repsol?

·
Registered
794 Posts
How much shipped to 92058 for a 1 gallon jug and a 1 liter bottle (for topping off) of full synthetic repsol?

Sir,
I had to GIVE the last 2 gallons away . I only have 1 gallon of the semi syn. Im gonna use that Repsol rack and fill it with Amsoil. I wont be reordering anymore Repsol unless I can have a case already pre paid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts