Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured there's some guys here with zed-ex 11 knowledge, i just purchased a 1993 zx-11d for my commuter-two-up-long tripper bike. My problem is the motor makes a rattle noise in the top-end when its cold but goes away as soon as its at operating temp. Im pointing my finger at the cam chain or the tensioner but im not sure cuz the noise goes away when she comes up to temp,it does run very good and am surprised at just how fast thos old bird is

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
So you're getting rid of the 10 for this?

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you're getting rid of the 10 for this?
no way!!! i put my 10R in the classifieds kinda for the fun of it,i dont want to sell it but i would to get ready for the 08 10R.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
So, ya got bags and the half helmet yet? Don't forget the boom mic with the heeeuge foam cover on the chatterbox. Maybe now I'll be able to pass your ass.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My problem is the motor makes a rattle noise in the top-end when its cold but goes away as soon as its at operating temp.
Try full synthetic 10/40 motorcycle oil.

I use Lucas oil now & it's great !

Used to have Redline 50 wt.

My ZX11 made that noise.

Try it next oil change.

It works for me . . .

Red, *<:){)-

·
Registered
330 Posts
check the valves,also zx11s have a problem of starving the middle connecting rods with oil,someone makes a kit with a updated oil pan for a fix---in the meantime,run 20-50 castorl gtx,i works, my bro inlaw has over 50,000 on his!!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
mr turbo makes the kit...anyways IF the valves are due then gitrdone... if not, i`m thinkin its ok and just the nature of the beast. i`ve owned 2 zx 11`s and put 30000 miles on them between both. lots of bikes are a little noisy till warm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts