Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I may have posted this here before, can't remember... Anyway, my last bike was a Duacti 748 and before that a TL1000R with high mount duals and I kinda fell in love with both those type of exhaust mounts. So, I have a 08 10r and was wondering if it is possible to purchase or fab up some dual high mounts or underseat exhaust? I know it could possibly disrupt the flow of the exhaust gases due to the fact it wasn't designed for dual cans but I don't care if it cost a few hp.

Unlike some, I'm huge fan of the 2nd Gen 10r but I absolutely love my 3rd Gen. Anybody have any experience with trying to fab up this kind of exhaust for the 3rd Gen? Can it be purchased? Do I need to just leave my 3rd alone and go by a 2nd? <---Don't tempt me, I'll do it :wink:

·
Registered
586 Posts
I helped Drock41 mod a M4 gp can on his 2nd gen, as a matter of fact he still has his Tiforce duals for sale. Im sure a mid pipe could be modded to work for what you want, as he went the other way. He has the heat shields, mount brackets, everything from the mid pipe back.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
different strokes for different folks i suppose

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I would like to see a 08/09 with pipes like that and what it looks like... im sure if you have the time and money anything is possible....

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
:+1:

i would like to see a 08/09 with pipes like that and what it looks like... Im sure if you have the time and money anything is possible....

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
:+1: I'm with you man! I'm a big fan of undertail exhst, and highmount exhst, an high swept exhst too! It looks beautiful! That's why I love my '06 so much! On my '99 zx-9r I had a devil high mount exhst that looked sick and sounded sick too! If I were to get an '08-09 I would probably look into getting a custom highmount or undertail exhst for it. You guys remember back in '99 when you seen some guys on R1's with the MIG highmounts? I used to love them!!! That look was so fuckin sweet! I said damn I need that look for my zx9r! But the mig for the zx9r looked like garbage compared to the R1's! So i went with Devil!

Ok, so I may have posted this here before, can't remember... Anyway, my last bike was a Duacti 748 and before that a TL1000R with high mount duals and I kinda fell in love with both those type of exhaust mounts. So, I have a 08 10r and was wondering if it is possible to purchase or fab up some dual high mounts or underseat exhaust? I know it could possibly disrupt the flow of the exhaust gases due to the fact it wasn't designed for dual cans but I don't care if it cost a few hp.

Unlike some, I'm huge fan of the 2nd Gen 10r but I absolutely love my 3rd Gen. Anybody have any experience with trying to fab up this kind of exhaust for the 3rd Gen? Can it be purchased? Do I need to just leave my 3rd alone and go by a 2nd? <---Don't tempt me, I'll do it :wink:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Added weight and ugliness.

Sorry had to voice my .02 worth.
Hey that's cool. If we all liked the same thing it would be boring. Plus I would probably have to be different in some other way if we all had underseat exhaust.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
subscribed.........

That's 1 of the reasons why I bought the 06.
I dig the looks of the undertail exhaust.
I thought about a 600 then I went with the 1000 because I already owned a 600 before.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
If you really wanted to go overboard, a 06 swingarm can be had for cheap on ebay, you could then get the 06 eexhaust and do a little fabing to make it work. A 06 tail section/subframe could probably even be made to work, but after all that I got to ask, why not just buy a 06-07, they are every bit as powerful as the 08-09 and they are lighter as well. The 08 is just does a good job of combining most of the good traits of gen 1 and gen 2 and making a complete package.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but after all that I got to ask, why not just buy a 06-07,
And that may be something that I do. I may just keep the 3rd gen looking like a 3rd gen and look for me a deal on a 2nd. I wouldn't want to get into all that you described. If underseat is a bit of a stretch then I would like to see if a high mount (single or dual) exhaust is a realistic goal for this bike without changing the swingarm, tailsection and such. Just looking at the possiblities...if not then I can live with an available aftermarket slip-on.

·
Registered
541 Posts
If underseat is a bit of a stretch then I would like to see if a high mount (single or dual) exhaust is a realistic goal for this bike without changing the swingarm, tailsection and such. Just looking at the possiblities...if not then I can live with an available aftermarket slip-on.
Well like you say if we all liked the same thing.....
Hindle lists a hight mount for the 08 model, can't find a pic of it but this will give you some idea of what it would look like.

www.hindle.com/products-kaw.html

Attachments

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
:+1:

if you really wanted to go overboard, a 06 swingarm can be had for cheap on ebay, you could then get the 06 eexhaust and do a little fabing to make it work. A 06 tail section/subframe could probably even be made to work, but after all that i got to ask, why not just buy a 06-07, they are every bit as powerful as the 08-09 and they are lighter as well. The 08 is just does a good job of combining most of the good traits of gen 1 and gen 2 and making a complete package.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'd think if you switched to an 06-07 swingarm you could probably use a full exhaust from one and just come up with a way to hang it off the subframe. I'll trade ya swing arms if ya want! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Also, If I was going to do it, I would run 04-07 R1 cans. I just like them better and think they would look better with the slim tail.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Go buy a second gen. in less your able to due all the bending and welding your self along with fabbing out a custom sub frame and tail section. It will be a pretty penny to do this. I would say between 1000-1500 minimum if you cant do all the work your self...Good luck and if you do go along with doing this make sure to post some pictures even though its really just adding weight in the long run etc...Even though nothing beneficial will come out of this in my mind I still would like to see it done!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts