Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
OP here you go -
Stock wheelbase & all parts listed under "show more"
9.02 & will pass tech.
NHRA license required if you run sub 10's.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,059 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think all of us are getting more enjoyment out of this thread than the OP is! Twisted SoCal wrote a Harvard dissertation, should have been a book, I couldn't finish it! Painful OP has vanished ... 'cause we're all bored at home

I juss wanna ride!

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
785 Posts
I think all of us are getting more enjoyment out of this thread than the OP is! Twisted SoCal wrote a Harvard dissertation, should have been a book, I couldn't finish it! Painful OP has vanished ... 'cause we're all bored at home

I juss wanna ride!
Dude, I fully did write a novella lol. Anyhow I was irritated. I hit up the op in pm and apologized for my rant but then let him know I still wasn't happy. Anyhow offered to help him out and told him hit me up. Anyhow. Sorry for anyone who wasted thier time reading my shit lol

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,059 Posts
This is Roll Racing, it looks like a typical ride out with your mates to me!!!!!!!
It basically is. What people call "racing" is open for interpretation, but that's what it is and people think it's actually something to brag about.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Just a thought to the OP, if straight line roll-ons are your thing, and perfect handling is of no great interest, maybe you should change to an H2 ?

Chers,
Brian

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
785 Posts
Just a thought to the OP, if straight line roll-ons are your thing, and perfect handling is of no great interest, maybe you should change to an H2 ?

Chers,
Brian
That's actually a really damn good call over the BMW if that is what dude is wanting to do.

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
125 Posts
Well from a relative outsiders pov that was interesting, hilarious and tragic in equal measures.. he charged right in having spat the Soother out and wasn't prepared to listen..to anyone, a complete rant.

Most of it was alien to me due not having these types of roads in the UK, but I get the drag/rolling stuff having been in the states a few times and driven in Florida..I still need to get my head round that style of riding but appreciate it none the less..

Hope he doesn't take his mood out on his bird or boyfriend !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, I guess we all race on what we have. Roll on racing is common in Europe due to roads allowing this. When I lived there that was most common with my mates. UK does not have this, guess that is why lads here go to track. However, zx10r is not a bike for roll on racing. To be competitive you need to modify it and prepare it for that type of racing. Once this is done, it is a savage. Mods, mods, mods. :)

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
125 Posts
I'm blessed with outstanding roads right on my doorstep, arguably some of the best in the UK, but to get to any number of tracks is a pure mission as they are all in England except one in Scotland....up here there are a lot of competant and very quick road riders for this sole reason.

I take it your in the UK or did I pick that up wrong..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
785 Posts
-1 front +2 rear TC set to help keep the front down. That'll help a lot.
Dude that is all it would take with this bike. Just set ktrac up to 2 or even 3, make sure the power is in f mode, drop 1 up front go up 2 in rear and start the bike in first, roll race with that setup would keep the front down under 18 inches and if the front was dropped or strapped the front would want to stay down a bit more anyway. Lay way the fuck forward on the tank and fucking twist the shit out of her. The ktrac will let the bike go as fast as is possible without looping or over lifting. If that doesn't work then there is something wrong big time.

·
Registered
460 Posts
This thread is truly pointless but I find it hard to believe it even hurts the OP's feelings that he lost in a rolling straight line race. Who cares??? Learn to corner and spank the beemer on the twisties. You will get alot more respect in your group as a rider if you can corner fast. Not many give a shit who can get to 100mph 1st while rolling in a straight line. Where is the talent?

When my bike was a street bike i had -1 +2 and a buddy of mine would wax me in a straight line on his 15' S1KRR. However, if turns were involved he wouldn't even be in my mirrors. Alot more fun!

Or if your into "actual" drag racing that's cool too and involves lot's of skill to time a light and launch properly. Worry about improving your riding before you bash our beloved ZX10!

Sorry for the rant, this COVID has me all locked up!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts