Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Zx10r full bolt on... flash filter exhaust. I last season ran a -1 front sprocket but the front end will not stay down.. so I went back to stock. The OEM sprocket is back on it.
I just roll raced a 2010 s1000 from a dead stop to a 30 then full throttle, and he put buses on me.
This fuckin bike under 8k is a absolute piece of garbage. Next season I’m going to an s1000. But until then is there anything I can do ? Or is this just how the bike is?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m 100 percent serious... it’s been a constant struggle with the bike.... where anything under 8 is just trash? Did you have anything positive or advice to contribute or did you just wanna jerk off and troll all day?

·
Registered
61 Posts
(Assuming both bikes have the same mods) If ur having problems wit ur 17 10r beating a 10 s1000 then moving 2 a s1000 ain’t gonna fix the problem.......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If ur having problems wit ur 17 10r beating a 10 s1000 then moving 2 a s1000 ain’t gonna fix the problem.......
I have no idea what his mods are, didn’t ask. I expected this outta a Zx10r forum... I think maybe you’re misunderstanding my man... there is LITERALLY nothing more you can do... you take off to a slow 30 roll and literally pin it... I challenge you to be able to tell me what else I could have done

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh a side note for those that are concerned, I am not switching to a s1000 because I want a faster bike, I’m switching because I want a s1000 have since the 2020 was revealed...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this with drag runs?
Just a local race spot and he wanted to roll race. So we got up to about 30mph and pinned both bikes... granted his gearing could be -1 in the front or -1+2 i again didn’t ask... just disappointed how much of a pig this thing is in the midrange

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have no idea what his mods are, didn’t ask. I expected this outta a Zx10r forum... I think maybe you’re misunderstanding my man... there is LITERALLY nothing more you can do... you take off to a slow 30 roll and literally pin it... I challenge you to be able to tell me what else I could have done
Man if u have no idea about his mods then u can jus end this discussion right there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man if u have no idea about his mods then u can jus end this discussion right there.
Maybe he was geared... I know it was flash filter exhaust ect but gearing I don’t know... he’s SWB just like me and when we took off that mf left me in the dirt

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
xhonda1991x The 10 isn't a bike built for roll races from 30mph, no matter what year it is! It is a bike built for 1000cc circuit races, since its conception in 2004 it has proved to be the most successful at that in history, that is a fact & in its more recent form it is currently competing for its 6th WSBK championship in a row, not just the exceptional Johnnie Rea, its consistently winning and being top 3 in all world wide domestic series its entered in! Your not sure what mod's that particular S1000 has, well???? For a start that bike cost a lot more than yours out the showroom because its a higher base spec, yours also meets more stringent emissions measures out the shop. If you want to roll race from 30 mph then buy a S1000 and put the mods on the other has, if throwing money at that suits you, if you want to race a S1000 for an entire domestic series spending the same total money then you would have to be a lesser rider than the guy on the S1000 to lose. I expect that any reasonable answer will be rejected by you, it appears to be a rant for attention!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
xhonda1991x The 10 isn't a bike built for roll races from 30mph, no matter what year it is! It is a bike built for 1000cc circuit races, since its conception in 2004 it has proved to be the most successful at that in history, that is a fact & in its more recent form it is currently competing for its 6th WSBK championship in a row, not just the exceptional Johnnie Rea, its consistently winning and being top 3 in all world wide domestic series its entered in! Your not sure what mod's that particular S1000 has, well???? For a start that bike cost a lot more than yours out the showroom because its a higher base spec, yours also meets more stringent emissions measures out the shop. If you want to roll race from 30 mph then buy a S1000 and put the mods on the other has, if throwing money at that suits you, if you want to race a S1000 for an entire domestic series spending the same total money then you would have to be a lesser rider than the guy on the S1000 to lose. I expect that any reasonable answer will be rejected by you, it appears to be a rant for attention!
Oh I can assure you it’s not a cry for attention... this bike constantly loses everything it races UNLESS we roll for 63 mph then sure I’ll win against other jap bikes... but no one wants to race 63 to 160 everyone does 40 to 160 roll races... this bike is just frustrating me.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Set the bike up for what kind of riding or racing you want to do. From a 40 roll a stock gearing, stock height bike isn't going to be too impressive. Get a little arm on it and regear it if people only race from 40-160 gear it for that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Set the bike up for what kind of riding or racing you want to do. From a 40 roll a stock gearing, stock height bike isn't going to be too impressive. Get a little arm on it and regear it if people only race from 40-160 gear it for that.
That makes sense... but with switching bikes next season I guess it’ll just have to be this way.. but ty for your time

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Seems like a waste to come ask for help on how to beat s1000r then respond with "well I'm switching bikes, I guess it'll just have to be this way" when someone responds with the correct way to beat the said bike.

If the bike constantly lifts the front wheel, why not try lowering or strapping the front end down? That would make more sense then going back to the trash stock gearing lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because I don’t wanna put the money into it if I’m just gonna get a different one next year... wasn’t looking for judgement on my actions, was looking for any advice I could get to see if this could be corrected.

mid that’s the case “SeEms LiKe A WasTe Of Time” if you’re gonna log onto a zx10 forum and comment on someone’s actions judging them instead of giving advice. (Which you did in the second half of your comment) so in short thanks for half your comment

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,756 Posts
This thread is funny. Roll racing? You should just switch bikes now if that's what you're using it for. When you actually reach puberty and race properly on a track that's not in a straight line, then you may think differently. Wisdom comes with age. Roll racing is about as dumb as it gets and isn't an actual race since the starting line is moving. It's almost as stupid as bitching about that on the Interweb.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This thread is funny. Roll racing? You should just switch bikes now if that's what you're using it for. When you actually reach puberty and race properly on a track that's not in a straight line, then you may think differently. Wisdom comes with age. Roll racing is about as dumb as it gets and isn't an actual race since the starting line is moving. It's almost as stupid as bitching about that on the Interweb.
So to translate your comment you meant “I don’t have anything positive to comment and I think I’ll get on the internet and troll some guy today. Back under your bridge my man.. so long now, bye bye then

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,756 Posts
So to translate your comment you meant “I don’t have anything positive to comment and I think I’ll get on the internet and troll some guy today. Back under your bridge my man.. so long now, bye bye then
Not really. What I meant by my comment in this clickbait thread was "you should regear it to increase the low-end response and learn to properly control the throttle because of that." That's the only way to quickly fix the issue before you can exchange bikes since you hate the current one so much. The other option would be to add forced induction to it. But I don't know what the rules are in your racing series and your race bracket to know if that's allowed allowed or not. Those are the 2 mechanical means to provide what you're looking for. There, I spelled it out for you so there's not confusion about it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts