Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in to turn nine about a buck 40 blew my Apex and I had to go wide at 115 across gravel and dirt etc. thankfully I stayed up avoided a pit wall barricade.

Attachments

·
Chairman of the Board
16,067 Posts
Nothin like a bit of high speed dirt trackin. :) Glad your okay man. Could have been a nasty one.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
That's a common place to screw up.

Work on your track position and don't worry about how fast you are going or trying to catch up to your buddy.

On that track, being in the right place on the pavement is very critical. There is really only one basic line.

If you hit Turn 9 out of shape and out of position and you aren't looking where you want to go, you end up in the dirt. Maybe in an ambulance.

People don't like that because it cuts into their track time, lol ;-)

·
Always On Mod
1,844 Posts
Did you rip through pit lane after that at like 60-70? I was there on Sunday, pitted against the wall. Glad you didn't go down!!

Edit: NM watched the video. :grin2: I remember thinking WTF, that guy must be pissed about something.

That was my first time at that track, turn 9 is deceptive because of how late you have to wait to turn in, and the way 8 opens into 9 kind of naturally pulls you into the inside of the track. I had to really focus on staying wide really long before turning in to 9, and then standing the bike up as quick as possible to take advantage of the liter bike power down the straight.

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hit pit lane over 100 , felt bad but I was alive.
It's my fault. I was too hot and turned in at wrong time . I had to make a fast decision
Super fast on whether to try to trail brake and push in and save but I was so far out in the slippery edge of track that j figured I'd prob lose front or worse high side.
I chose to stand it up ,still hit dirt at angle over 100 but stayed composed and rode it out.
Lesson learned .!!!!!'
Over all it was fun for my second outing on THAT bike.
Memorable to say the least.

·
Always On Mod
1,844 Posts
Hit pit lane over 100 , felt bad but I was alive.
It's my fault. I was too hot and turned in at wrong time . I had to make a fast decision
Super fast on whether to try to trail brake and push in and save but I was so far out in the slippery edge of track that j figured I'd prob lose front or worse high side.
I chose to stand it up ,still hit dirt at angle over 100 but stayed composed and rode it out.
Lesson learned .!!!!!'
Over all it was fun for my second outing on THAT bike.
Memorable to say the least.
yeah, crashing there would have sucked, I think you made the right decision to do what you felt needed to be done in the moment to not crash.
A group of us are headed back on Aug 21st, if you make it back out hit me up. Black Gen4, green tank, black leathers

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might try to make that one.
Don't know, I'm scheduling a knee replacement on the 19th. Then I'm down for 3-4 months. Time to do some mods and stare at my bike w a drink in my hand.
Going to miss riding for the winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FROBOYINC on Facebook. Shitload of pics from Motoyard trackday.
This one I got from a friend.
FROBOYINC will respond to your questions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts