Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay heres my prob. I Just replace my shifter (linkage and all) and I marked it on the rod before I took it off. When I put the new one it won't shift from nuetral. Whats up?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
are all your plates aligned and in the right pattern? i know you dont want to mis-rig your clutch cable either or youll loose power.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Just to let you know it is a pain in the ass to get it out of neutral unless the bike is actually running. Pretty simple put it threw me off for about 10 min when i had to adjust the rearsets, lol. The joys of being a squid.

·
Registered
279 Posts
parked or riding it?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Can you adjust the linkage to minimize/eliminate the play???? Should not be that bad if you only changed the linkage and rear sets. Did you play with the clutch plates, Clutch rod, clutch cable????

·
Registered
319 Posts
And by the way, Scott10r is right. Bike wont change gears easy unless the engine is running.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And by the way, Scott10r is right. Bike wont change gears easy unless the engine is running.
Yeah I havent tried to adjust the linkage (by that you mean adjust the rod?) and I did have the bike runnning as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts