Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on ice for the moment. I got hit on Sunday afternoon. By some half drunken ass hole. He hit me on an angle from behind on the left side. Bike is in the shop. Does not look good they think the swing arm is bent and possibly the frame. I was going to trade my 04 in to get the 06. Now I'm screwed. Thank God I managed to keep the bike up and I miraculously did not go down. I saw the 06 bike that I want but now even if the insurance co. totals my ride 04 out I will be lucky to get 8k! F'd up bastard. I should have kicked his ass! Guess I am lucky to be alive.

·
Registered
152 Posts
=( im very glad you are alive. we should get a posse together and go beat up that guy. (unless he is really big, then i will just egg his house)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hope your insurance co. takes care of you. I guess it should be HIS insurance co. so sue the shit out of the drunk bastard.

·
Registered
152 Posts
so you got no injuries? whoa. im impressed. i probably would have paniced and dropped the bike. hey you can come ride backseat with me if you want. ;) btw, im a girl. LOL

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude im lucky my bro was riding behind me so the whole thing he said he wish he could have see nthe anglels help me cause there was no f'n way i should have not gone down. I don't have a scratch. i don't even know how. it happen so fast. i fought hard to keep the bike up. Guess it was not my time to go.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Glad to hear your ok, someone was deff watching out for you that day.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
hey man i have a similar story to that one i couldnt wait as long to get my check so i bought an 06 anyways and im just gonna be in debt until i get my settlement glad to hear your ok I on the other hand wasnt i had/have a seperated shoulder but fuck it i still ride lol im probably not the brightest person in the world. too bad your not near me my crew has our old bikes and a few new ones we would let you use until you got yours working or a new one.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Good to hear that you are OK! Take the 8k and move forward.

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
bro, i was hit two weeks ago and the dude took off. a$$hole left me for dead in the middle of the road. i woke up with my bike on my leg and cars rushing my my head going 60mph. screw the bikes brother, we're lucky to be alive. i took my insurance check and upgraded to the 06 zx-10r. at least something good came out of it all. get better!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Glad U were able to keep the bike upright and not get hurt, I hope the insurance company pays U off right. U should not be on the short end of the stick, the cager was the one that was drunk. Goodluck on getting yours.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Glad you are OK, that is the main thing! Someone I knew a while back was hit from behind while he was stopped at a robot and he ended up flying through the air and partially paralysed in one leg! Life takes a 360 degree turn when this happens.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
WHOAAAAAA.....Shouldnt his insurance cover everything. Your bike, Your medical, Dont settle so quickly. Thats what his insurance wants - a quick settlement. Think dude. My sister settled once and 4 months later had to have back surgery.

Glad you are OK

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Dayum dude, hate to hear that. Glad you're ok (for the most part). Bikes can be replaced; just be thankful you were able to start this thread. Here's hoping for a fast recovery. :beer:

D

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's absolutely amazing that you didn't go down after a hit like that!!! Glad to hear you're O.K.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts