Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm changing my oil today for the first time and notice this weird rubber thing. i took it off and i'm holding it in the picture. i was wondering what it is??

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and what are these bolts that have copper washers? some kind of drain? if memory serves me well, they were on both sides of the bike

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
looks like one of those green light tripper things... just a thought.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I can't imagine why you would take the rubber pad off to change the oil, but it is a pad to protect the motor in the event of a tip-over. Can't say about the copper washer bolts. I never checked those.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
When I took apart my 65' plymouth engine I had parts left over when I put it back together???

Good luck bro lol

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The rubber is kind of like a shock and vibration absorber and the bolt with the copper washer is a main bolt to the crankshaft. In other words don't loosen it.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
madkaw said:
The rubber is kind of like a shock and vibration absorber and the bolt with the copper washer is a main bolt to the crankshaft. In other words don't loosen it.
and leave your rubbers in place otherwise..............

BD

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
OMG! :crackup:

You're supposed to take out all those bolts...the oil falls out the side.
The rubber piece looks like a knee slider to me. :thumbsup:

Sorry I'm no help. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sad thing is that its not a cell phone ! its just an old school digi camera and my shaky ass who cant stay still long enough to take a pic..

·
Registered
675 Posts
Strange...I don't see any pic. You mean extra parts left over is not part of the routine??? I always find extra parts and pieces.... Maybe I should have my bike checked by a professional.....grrrr

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Extra parts left over = less weight, go faster!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts