Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My g/f got me a tachyon camera for christmas...this thign is bad ass, shock proof, waterproof up to 34', expandable to up 32gb micro sd card..fucking sweet. but where the hell should i mount it? i would like it on my helmet, but i dont want a black strip covering up my over $500 suomy extreme helmet, and if i take it off i dont want to ruin the paint. I also kinda like the idea of being able to bring it from rider to rider, incase i want to be recorded. any ideas?

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pretty sweet...but i dont these will work with the camera i got?? i got the techyon xc..micro or something like that

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
well with the epic, if i remember correctly, there is a bracket that mounted to the bottom of his camera that is a quick disconnect to the suction cup.

maybe someone could give you more insight that has the go-pro.

i wanting to say they are universal but i won't swear to it.

but i'm not familiar with your camera either

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats with the 3m adhesive strips they come with...which im sure would hold. but its gunna have a strip of black on my helmet and then i can only use it, i cant let me friends where it.

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
"i see" said the blind man.

i would look into the suction cup mounts a little further. even if they aren't completely adaptable, there has got to be a way to make one of them work. even if you got to break out a little ingenuity

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i emailed the ebay seller you posted about, he said that mount suction cup only works for the stealth branded epic camera.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Congrats. Now hurry up, get it installed, and make some videos. :wink:

·
Registered
629 Posts
I never liked the idea of a helmet cam mounted on the helmet :) I know that it makes the video more interesting because you can track your view thru the corners (given you are properly looking thru the corners :) ) but all the helmet cam video I've seen has been rather frenetic, jittery and almost always mis-aimed because of variations in head position and movement. I think that having the camera "hard mounted" to a fixed location also makes it more useful for things like monitoring your line (at the track) because it removes the variability of head position.

I use a Vholdr camera that I mounted on the fairing with the supplied (and very strong) adhesive mount. Just for peace of mind, I also have the nylon safety lanyard attached to the bike in case the mounting disk ever failed. In the video it's actually kind of amazing because it almost looks like the camera is hanging out 2 feet from the side of the bike, but it's actually low on the fairing and sticks out less then 3 inches. I think the wide angle of the lens just does a good job of capturing alot of the field of view. Sure the camera will be destroyed if I crash onto that side of the bike, but if I do crash, the camera will not be foremost in my mind at all.

I like this particular view of the bike and road because I can watch the suspension action and the camera position is always the same.

I'm upgrading to the HD version of the Vholdr soon which shoots in full 1080p while still utilizing the same very small camera housing as the original.

Keep in mind that even with the youtube video set to "HQ" the raw footage looks many times better than the best Youtube quality. The sound in this particular sequence is frought with wind noise because It wasn't till after this video that someone told me the trick of covering the microphone hole with a piece of tape so you can clearly here the engine and road noise without the howling wind.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sweet vids man. and i duno bout mounting on the fairing..the manufacturer claims the adhesive would come off with some rubbing alcohol, but i duno if i trust that..cause id really want to not ruin my hammer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts