Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is normal or not. I'm getting my tank repainted and while it was off, I decided to replace the air filter. First of all, I am glad I did. That thing was FILTHY...But I was surprised to find a few dead insect peices and quite a bit of dirt and grime in the air box that had gotten PAST the air filter...has anyone else noticed that when replacing the filter?

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Mines has 6600 miles on it, :eyecrazy: so i know mine is filthy also, I ordered the pipercross from todd so hopefully i can change it next week.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Mines has 6600 miles on it, :eyecrazy: so i know mine is filthy also, I ordered the pipercross from todd so hopefully i can change it next week.
Make sure you post a pic of the PCross.

Buggs and stuff are turbo'd into the intake tube and it shouldn't pass the filter but it happens.

Tread

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ram air is hard on filters and boxes, try using some silicone grease around the air box were the filter sits. This helps seal up any imperfections between the filter and the box.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
The bugs probably fell off the lid when you removed it, otherwise they would have been swallowed up from the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts