Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I popped the tank to look around in my '06 and found a TRE. SWEET...but no PC ???? I thought you need remapping for a TRE to work right ? Could that be why my mileage is crappy ? I'm only getting around 28...which is pretty bad. How can I remove the TRE and see if my mileage gets better...I have no directions on where to put the wires back...

·
Registered
690 Posts
i don't think you need a pc III if all you have done is a TRE. not sure on the install, but i'm sure there will be someone here to help you!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
only thing is, you can't just search TRE. it's under 4 letters.
Thank you...the words of reason. I already perused by using the search tool and didn't find what I needed. I'm just gonna leave the TRE in...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thank you...the words of reason. I already perused by using the search tool and didn't find what I needed. I'm just gonna leave the TRE in...
yes that's true the word "TRE" is not a good search word and we don't have a fix as of now for that.

Good words to use is IVAN , IVAN's , Timing Retard Eliminator , GiPro , sub-throttle adjustment.

·
Registered
425 Posts
yes that's true the word "TRE" is not a good search word and we don't have a fix as of now for that.

Good words to use is IVAN , IVAN's , Timing Retard Eliminator , GiPro , sub-throttle adjustment.
cool...good to know this info- thx blue

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
cool...good to know this info- thx blue
No problem, it's too bad that doesn't work but will say the "Search Function" is the best than most other sites on the internet....don't stick to my words only it works with many others just not in this case..sorry :sad:

bloo

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I popped the tank to look around in my '06 and found a TRE. SWEET...but no PC ???? I thought you need remapping for a TRE to work right ? Could that be why my mileage is crappy ? I'm only getting around 28...which is pretty bad. How can I remove the TRE and see if my mileage gets better...I have no directions on where to put the wires back...[/QUOTE

Dude did you buy your bike used, I hope so. A TRE does not come stock on a ZX-10r.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[QOUTE]Dude did you buy your bike used, I hope so. A TRE does not come stock on a ZX-10r.[/QUOTE]

Yea...it had 4100 miles on it. Shit I don't know if I should pull it of or not now... I read all the rave reviews and look at mileage of people and I'm not that far off. I don't think I can just disconnect it is the PITA...I think I gotta pull the pins and put them back :sad:

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
TRE shouldnt hurt gas mileage but if u have a full xhaust that will destroy gas mileage, I only get 100 miles per tank w/full system, didnt notice any change w/ gipro

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TRE shouldnt hurt gas mileage but if u have a full xhaust that will destroy gas mileage, I only get 100 miles per tank w/full system, didnt notice any change w/ gipro
Actually TRE does hurt mileage, it knocks 20-30 miles off your tank range. I pulled mine off and already improved my mileage. We'll see if it gets better with a full tank without a TRE. I think I'm going to go with the 1/5th, drop a tooth on the front, and put racing baffles in for the sound. Beyond that I think the bike is fine and as long as I keep my revs above 4K I get no jerkiness (which the TRE resolves). This bike is so powerful and fast I see no point to a PC, pipe,etc. unless you race it. I commute, ride on the weekends, and do a few long trips a year and need the best range I can get. I ride with VFR's and ST1100's.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Actually TRE does hurt mileage, it knocks 20-30 miles off your tank range. I pulled mine off and already improved my mileage. We'll see if it gets better with a full tank without a TRE. I think I'm going to go with the 1/5th, drop a tooth on the front, and put racing baffles in for the sound. Beyond that I think the bike is fine and as long as I keep my revs above 4K I get no jerkiness (which the TRE resolves). This bike is so powerful and fast I see no point to a PC, pipe,etc. unless you race it. I commute, ride on the weekends, and do a few long trips a year and need the best range I can get. I ride with VFR's and ST1100's.
what do you get before the fuel light comes a blinkin?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
you really can't go by that as riders fill their tank up differently...meaning they top it off high or low, but Drain Fade is right you loose mileage with the TRE on and that's why I have a switch for normal riding and the Gipro has a on-off function as well....and of course theres your riders that say it's a superbike why you worrying about fuel milage and agree. The thing is with a 4.5gal tank I don't want keep stopping to fill up the little tank if I don't need to by simply flipping a switch. :wink:

·
Registered
690 Posts
you really can't go by that as riders fill their tank up differently...meaning they top it off high or low
top it off high or low? not following. are you talking about the extra 1/4 gallon you can pump in once the bike looks full?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
top it off high or low? not following. are you talking about the extra 1/4 gallon you can pump in once the bike looks full?
yeah, the neck area, some fill it right up to the neck some fill it just below...some mileage to be gained there, also a fuel light coming on is not the same for all bikes. It's just a resistance that is not a 100% between bikes for various reasons. It should be close between bikes but not exact. :headshake

·
Registered
690 Posts
yeah, the neck area, some fill it right up to the neck some fill it just below...some mileage to be gained there, also a fuel light coming on is not the same for all bikes. It's just a resistance that is not a 100% between bikes for various reasons. It should be close between bikes but not exact. :headshake
yeah, that's pretty wierd. capacitance fuel level should be the same across the board. good to know non the less. i usually fill my tank up and then once it gets to the top, i put in another 1/4 of a gallon or so, which in turn will give me another 10 miles or so. i guess the leaning of the bike causes it to look more full than it really is.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you really can't go by that as riders fill their tank up differently...meaning they top it off high or low, but Drain Fade is right you loose mileage with the TRE on and that's why I have a switch for normal riding and the Gipro has a on-off function as well....and of course theres your riders that say it's a superbike why you worrying about fuel milage and agree. The thing is with a 4.5gal tank I don't want keep stopping to fill up the little tank if I don't need to by simply flipping a switch. :wink:
Um...care to share ;) I'd love to have a TRE that's switchable at the helm. How did you do it,etc///

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well first full tank with TRE was 93 miles, second 3/4 tank with TRE was 98 miles. Once I get a full tank commuting without a TRE I'm hoping will be better ;) I need to go out on a real ride and see what my range REALLY is (when the light blinks that is), commuting is a crappy way to gauge mileage because my commute sucks....stop and go.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Um...care to share ;) I'd love to have a TRE that's switchable at the helm. How did you do it,etc///
GiPro does that...the Ivans TRE you need to send the wires to a switch.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts