Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to go to the track for quite some time now but everytime I want to go it either rains or something else comes up. Well I finally made it tonight to the local 1/8th track. This is the first time I have ever drag raced on a strip. I wont say what the first 2 times were but they were very bad. I dont have the ES on right now which would have helped me a lot but I made about 7 passes and lowest of the night was a [email protected] and that was on pro tree with a .41 light and a 1.95 60ft. The ES would have easily got me into the 6's. I seem to be able to read the light decently well but I cant launch worth a crap yet. That was the only run of the night with a 60 under 2.00. I usually had good mph but just couldnt leave good enough but it will come with time. I have got to get a tire, I think I am gonna go with a Shinko 003. I had a friend who drags quite a bit w/ his 636come down and run the bike and his quickest was a [email protected] with a 1.70 60 ft and horrible RT @.59. I think the bike should run low 6's or maybe
5.90's w/ a good tire and rider but it will take myself riding a long time to get that low. Well I had a blast and cant wait to get back.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
dont be scared let go of that clutch!!! Good job it will come with time

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thanks for the comment, i think I am dumping the clutch too fast and the rpms have to wind back up but anyways I am going back this friday night and hopefully I will see some 6's with me on it. Gonna ditch the U4 for awhile, that shits too expensive to be learning with.

·
Registered
318 Posts
FYI - about 1 in 100 people go quicker than 6.20's on ANY stock wheelbase bike. Ask Kenny or Hemibusa - it is TOUGH to do...

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Hey focalf5 where you at in GA and what track are you going too?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look at my sig bud, its not stock wheelbase but I cant wait to see low 6's and I am in LaGrange and I go to Troup County Drag Strip.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What rpm are you launching at? I had trouble with mine at first with it bogging down real bad and then I geared the crap out of it and started leaving at 9 or 10 thousand rpms and got my time way down. My first trip I was only able to pull a 6.80 and last week I was laying down 6.50s and 6.40s all day.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am only launching at 3-4k and I dont even know if I am leaving at that, for all I know, I am letting off the throttle before the lights change. I am still nervous about lauching as a few times it has spun sideways on takeoff. I am gonna change my tire to try and keep the spinning to a minimum. I am only geared at -1 up front. I am most likely gonna drop one more or go up 2 in the rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts