Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trading my 01 12R(in at 36K miles and pretty well dialed in) for the 10R - I can safely say that I do't miss the pig at all.

Sitting on a 12 at a showroom recently reminded me of the longish reach to the bars and about how much thought was put into the design of the 10.

I don't miss the extra hunnert pounds but I do miss a lil bit O the torque.

But I don't miss it that much.

My .02 (I had ta put sumthin in this empty forum, yanno)

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I had a 2000 ZX12R that i bought to replace my 97 TL1000S. Never liked it. The handling felt heavy and dead. It ended being stolen and no tears were shed. I ended up keeping the TLS until May when I traded it in on the 10. The 10 is a keeper!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I had given some thought to a 12r last year and had done a bit of reseach on typical mods but alas it didn't happen for obvious reasons.

BD

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
BD, tell me you edited that post?? I was scratching my head earlier, cause I though it said, 10R??? Please tell me stress has finally cooked my last three brain cells!!

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
It's kinda funky how sometimes it gets marked as edited and somtimes it doesn't.:dontknow:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Raced and rode one yesterday for the first time very briefly and yes the weight is instantly noticable and had Mr PoPo not been lurking i would have loved to wind er up.

BD

1 - 20 of 22 Posts