Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after flushing the coolant to change the mechanical seal, i filled the system back up till i topped off the radiator. put the cap back on. filled the overflow tank slightly above the f. put bike back together and after the last 4 rides it had sucked up to below the E. about 1/4 inch lower each ride. How much air did i leave in the system by not bleeding it? how many more rides before it displaces all the air with coolant. and was this a bad thing to do to my bike? can that amount of air in the system cause any damage to the motor or is it just simply not at 100% efficiancy and nothing to worry about . running temp has stayed between 155-165 so it hasn't overheated but could that be a bad thing that i didn't bleed it or no?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Youre fine.. just top it off.

If the overflow never actually emptied then you were never low in the system.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,715 Posts
Air in the system causes the coolant to boil if heated above 212 degrees. That's BAD news! But it's typical that some air is never really expelled until you heat the motor up a couple of rides and let the system equalize and push the air out. So just top it off and continue riding it like normal.
Victors said:
You're fine
:+1:

Reactions: Victors
1 - 3 of 3 Posts