Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 9s 1/4s and you have to get your NHRA drag license.
well let the paper work begin.

im completely stock,but strapped and lowered.

i've been running 10.1ish un-strapped/lowered.

and wanted that 9 so i lowered it.

tonight was first time running lowered.
did a 10.035 first run, then finished off with a 9.990 and a 9.929

i feel good. just thought i'd share

·
Registered
3,561 Posts

Let me get this right. If you do 10's all night long, you don't need a license. But break into the 9's and you must have a license?
Congrats on breaking into the 9s :eek:ccasion1 I hope to get there 1 day myself.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me get this right. If you do 10's all night long, you don't need a license. But break into the 9's and you must have a license?
Congrats on breaking into the 9s :eek:ccasion1 I hope to get there 1 day myself.
yea exactly.

lol, cuz being .001 faster means something different :dontknow:

thanks tho!!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
got to make the mark somewhere right?

congrats btw

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
are there any benefits to having a license or it just for bragging rights? CONGRATS BY THE WAY, THAT ROCKS!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Congrats for sure !!!

I was running 9.8s before i lowered it, now i'm running 10.1s, go figure - just the luck i have.

Get that license and display it proudly

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are there any benefits to having a license or it just for bragging rights? CONGRATS BY THE WAY, THAT ROCKS!
the benefit is that you get to keep racing and getting faster than 9.99

and also be an NHRA member and be qualified for competition.
i doubt will, at least anytime soon, but at least i will get to keep running my 10r at the Wednesday fun drags.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

Great Job :eek:ccasion1 I am stuck on 10 teens right now with an aging clutch(18k) and weigh over 200lbs but the same mods as you. I don’t think I will hit the 9s anytime soon with these conditions :headshake:

I almost went yesterday but the heat was a little to hot for my liking with my black leathers :badteeth:…PM me the next time you go out there as I am usually the only 10R on Wed. night drags in Sacramento when I show up and we can go play with some of those ZX14s that have been showing up lately. :wink: :thumbsup:

As far as the NHRA license I forget the guys name right now but he told me last month the same thing, that I am close to needing it and as soon as I hit 9s he will require me to stop until I get it. He seems to be the only one enforcing this rule and on Test & Tune days they don’t so much..from what he said :dontknow:

Anyway see ya out there, I like to hit that track from Sept. through April from time to time.

Rick

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great Job :eek:ccasion1 I am stuck on 10 teens right now with an aging clutch(18k) and weigh over 200lbs but the same mods as you. I don’t think I will hit the 9s anytime soon with these conditions :headshake:

I almost went yesterday but the heat was a little to hot for my liking with my black leathers :badteeth:…PM me the next time you go out there as I am usually the only 10R on Wed. night drags in Sacramento when I show up and we can go play with some of those ZX14s that have been showing up lately. :wink: :thumbsup:

As far as the NHRA license I forget the guys name right now but he told me last month the same thing, that I am close to needing it and as soon as I hit 9s he will require me to stop until I get it. He seems to be the only one enforcing this rule and on Test & Tune days they don’t so much..from what he said :dontknow:

Anyway see ya out there, I like to hit that track from Sept. through April from time to time.

Rick
shit BD i have never realized ur a Sac-man. cool shit.

well i have heard from all the license guys out there about the license.
i went last night with the intention of getting kicked off. i would have been sad if i didn't hit my 9s.

im usually the only 10R out there too when i go. but last night there was a heavily modded 10R. but he couldn't ride it to save his life.

and ur right, there have been quite a few 14Rs showing up. 1 of them is my buddy phil, big dude, has red/black redbull leathers.

but last night i was smoking the 14Rs out there, only 1 of them ran a 9, and it was a 9.998, so i had him beat too.

btw i only weigh around 130lbs :lol:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blimey no wonder.You are lighter than most girls around!!! :thumbsup:
wow thanks :lol:

well i hear 2 things about my weight when it comes to racing. 1: ur so light u cant keep the front wheel down 2: ur so light thats why u are so fast.

well all i have to say is i have some talent.

i roadrace AFM a 600RR and im pretty quick. the weight helps me more there than it does drag racing a Zx10R which has enough power to rip anyone on it that knows what they are doing down the track sub 10s

1 - 16 of 16 Posts