Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been almost 10 years since I discovered the ZX-10R. I bought my Gen 2 in February of 2006 after laying eyes on pics of it in the press releases. I had to have one. Loved that bike after coming off a ZX-7R. It lasted 11,000 miles before moving onto my '09 Gen 3. It didn't hold the same place in my heart, but I still loved it after 13,000 miles. Then the Gen 4 came out and I knew I wanted one of those so I got rid of the Gen 3. My 2012 Gen 4 has been the best of the bunch.

But after 4 years on that bike, 15,000 miles, and almost 10 years on ZX-10s I've kind of gotten bored with it. I've been thinking a lot lately about getting rid of it. Well, the time came over this past weekend. I cleaned her up, and said goodbye to her for the final time. :sad:

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
It's been almost 10 years since I discovered the ZX-10R. I bought my Gen 2 in February of 2006 after laying eyes on pics of it in the press releases. I had to have one. Loved that bike after coming off a ZX-7R. It lasted 11,000 miles before moving onto my '09 Gen 3. It didn't hold the same place in my heart, but I still loved it after 13,000 miles. Then the Gen 4 came out and I knew I wanted one of those so I got rid of the Gen 3. My 2012 Gen 4 has been the best of the bunch.

But after 4 years on that bike, 15,000 miles, and almost 10 years on ZX-10s I've kind of gotten bored with it. I've been thinking a lot lately about getting rid of it. Well, the time came over this past weekend. I cleaned her up, and said goodbye to her for the final time. :sad:
To be replaced with a Gen 5??

·
Registered
569 Posts
That is cool you have had some many reiterations of the zx10r. You certainly have the best now, CONGO-RATS!!!!!

Looks like you already have the yoshi case savers on?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is cool you have had some many reiterations of the zx10r. You certainly have the best now, CONGO-RATS!!!!!

Looks like you already have the yoshi case savers on?
Good eye. Took them off the G4 and put them on the G5. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
:love10:

I can smell the new from here!! :clap:

Congrats SkyDork!! :thumbsup:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just curious, why did you trade in instead of private sale? Did not want to deal with the headache? Pretty jealous!
Yeah, not worth the effort to me to deal with all the tire-kickers and lowlifes from Craigslist. That and I didn't want to wait around for it to sell. This is a bad time of year to try and offload a bike. It's winter in the Northern hemisphere and people are putting them away, not thinking about riding. And with the holidays coming up, they're thinking about buying gifts for the kids and traveling, not buying bikes (except for me! :lol:). So, between those things and the fact that the '16 non-ABS KRTs are becoming scarce, decided to cut my losses and just be done with it.

Reactions: zxfreak

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Congrats! Hope you don't miss your GEN4. :) I kept mine and am glad I did. Don't get me wrong, I love my GEN5 but the GEN4 gives me pleasure in certain areas that the GEN5 doesn't. Of course the reverse is true as well. Either way, you'll love the new bike. ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts