Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I've taken those off a lot of other bikes and always there has been a place where you can put a screwdriver or small prybar between the case and engine just to break loose the seal between the cases and cover. Look for that. Once you pop it off a couple of mm, no issues. Also the cover is history and even if you scratch up the sealing surface on the case, you use a sealant and gasket when reassembling. No issues there with reasonable caution.

Dang I am for sure buying a full set of case and body sliders with my new machine. Those covers look like tissue paper.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Im sorry guys but the bike went back together. I spent time trying to get tge case off and im afraid im gonna hurt the motor trying to get it off. Then i still need to but special tools. Im gonna wait for the rotor and bolts to come in and im going to bring it to a shop or see if this guy i know can do it at his house. Im really bummin about it. I just wanna ride. ImageUploadedByMO Free1436641250.208582.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
112 Posts
:grin2:You should maybe spend a few bucks on some riding school somewhere....anywhere....wow just wow. This may be more beneficial than frame sliders and such. just sayin'.:grin2:

·
Registered
292 Posts
:grin2:You should maybe spend a few bucks on some riding school somewhere....anywhere....wow just wow. This may be more beneficial than frame sliders and such. just sayin'.:grin2:
:grin2:You should maybe spend a few bucks on some riding somewhere....anywhere....wow just wow. This maybe more beneficial than retarded comments and such. just saying'.:grin2:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Shit i just got the shoguns.

Frame sliders that stick out can often dig into the ground or get caught on something then propel the bike onto the other side. If I'm not mistaken, that's what happened to Chastontwowheels (Youtube motovlogger) - He lowsided his R6 and it looks like the bike would just safely slide to a stop but then the race rails flipped the bike to the other side and that's where majority of the damage was done. It's a lot more likely to happen when the bike slides off road but low cut frame sliders are best IMO.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks dudes im happy im walkin fine today. Ill post what the gear looks like later i gotta go to work. I went down in the turn at 5:17. http://youtu.be/2gbWJxcgBtc

Also man, I'm glad you're alright but riding those roads at night time is a no go :headshake: Visibility is decreased, more prone to hit animals, and not to mention, you're riding alone? You could crash, end up unconscious, then who would know until sun rise? :headshake: I've seen too many deer on main highways here in TN to even think about riding a mountain over 30mph lol

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Also man, I'm glad you're alright but riding those roads at night time is a no go :headshake: Visibility is decreased, more prone to hit animals, and not to mention, you're riding alone? You could crash, end up unconscious, then who would know until sun rise? :headshake: I've seen too many deer on main highways here in TN to even think about riding a mountain over 30mph lol
Lol I knew I wasn't the only one thinking this.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Lol I knew I wasn't the only one thinking this.
That's was the first thought that crossed my mind when I opened the video. Mountain riding is cool during the day and even then, you have to pay close attention to inconsistencies in the road. You're damn near vulnerable to any and every thing with night time visibility, even with your brights on. Also, that's when the drunkies are out and about so I could never ... :headshake: Too many risks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
That's was the first thought that crossed my mind when I opened the video. Mountain riding is cool during the day and even then, you have to pay close attention to inconsistencies in the road. You're damn near vulnerable to any and every thing with night time visibility, even with your brights on. Also, that's when the drunkies are out and about so I could never ... :headshake: Too many risks.
yeah iv almost been hit before on that road from a person coming over the lane. I have a video of that on instagram @jdeeds211. I know Its dangerous and I wasn't alone I had my dad with me. I would never do something risky with out another rider. as for the deer I know there out there and I know theyre normal turns they pop out on but that's no excuse. iv got a deer whistle to help my chances and they do work I 100% notice a difference so get one. I know that mountain like the back of my ass crack. its about a minute from my house. on another note I got her back.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
81 - 94 of 94 Posts