Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a nasty highside at Mid-Ohio this week. Amungst the other significant damage to my 05' 10R, the clutch isn't working. There is no "damage" to either the cables or the clutch cover, it didn't hit there, but.. the bike fires up fine in neutral but when I pull the clutch in and drop it in 1st it automatically engages. Pulling the lever does nothing. Any ideas what could cause this? I am pulling the clutch cover off tormorrow to take a look but I need help knowing what I should be looking for.

Thanks for any help you might offer.
Chris

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the lever is fine and it still pulls the lever down at the clutch fine. I'm wondering if the puller has a problem.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Strange, if you still feel clutch spring pressure then it should be opening the stack, if it isnt then the plates may have run dry if the bike was still running on its side, it is possible for them to stick together in a very short period of time if they run dry.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Strange, if you still feel clutch spring pressure then it should be opening the stack, if it isnt then the plates may have run dry if the bike was still running on its side, it is possible for them to stick together in a very short period of time if they run dry.
:+1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts