Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my Ivan's TRE off to see how much of a diff it makes on my mileage, got one tank out of it last Saturday on a ride and got a few more miles before the light started blinking. I lasted 1 week before I just can't stand the fricken jerk anymore and I'm putting my TRE back in. I don't even care about the mileage anymore, the TRE makes such a difference in rideability it's going back on. How anyone can ride this bike without one ????

·
Registered
973 Posts
Really...

I pulled my Ivan's TRE off to see how much of a diff it makes on my mileage, got one tank out of it last Saturday on a ride and got a few more miles before the light started blinking. I lasted 1 week before I just can't stand the fricken jerk anymore and I'm putting my TRE back in. I don't even care about the mileage anymore, the TRE makes such a difference in rideability it's going back on. How anyone can ride this bike without one ????
I know my 10 is jerky but the TRE makes it smoother?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know my 10 is jerky but the TRE makes it smoother?
Yes...especially in stop and go traffic and commuting I notice it a ton.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed the Power Commander made a big difference. The TRE didn't do much excpet improve low end power, not so much feel.
Did you get the TRE before the PC or vise versa ?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PC before the TRE, I haven't tired it with the PC disconnected because I'm lazy :lol:
That's why you don't notice a difference with it except when the secondaries open sooner (low end). If you wanna see how much of a difference it makes pull the PC and just run the TRE...it's a pretty big difference in overall smoothness and rideability.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm in the middle of installing a TRE and PCIII - I have the same complaint - I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Maybe I'm just a being an asshole but my smoothness comes from my right hand!!!!!!!!! I really didn't notice a difference with or without the TRE when it comes to smoothness. I took mine out because it messed with my idle and I didn't want to fudge around with it.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Maybe I'm just a being an asshole but my smoothness comes from my right hand!!!!!!!!! I really didn't notice a difference with or without the TRE when it comes to smoothness. I took mine out because it messed with my idle and I didn't want to fudge around with it.
:+1:

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Mine doesn't feel smoother with my TRE on either, (GIPRO tho') but it does feel different. I can't say I like it either so I just turned it off and use the gear ind. Feels ball-less with it turned on, don't know why. :dontknow: I too have a PCIII but I have it mapped stock so that it also doesn't do anything at the moment.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you didn't notice a difference you either:
1) don't pay attention to how your bike runs.
2) you keep your RPM's high enough to not feel. it.

Personally I ride my bike EVERYDAY ALL YEAR ROUND so I notice everything at high and low speed. If you don't notice a fricken jerk when you let off the throttle coming into a corner you're really not paying attention...at all.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Wow.
Pretty hostile just because somebody has a different experience than you.

Wait.... I think I just noticed a 'fricken JERK'.......................

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
so thats what i need to fix that? theres a corner on the way to work i take in 2nd instead of first becasue if i need to let off a bit it jerks the bike around in first. its fine in 2nd. i try to be as smooth as possible, but its to no avail. found the same thing at the track, coming out of turn 11. i want a gipro, we'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
so thats what i need to fix that? theres a corner on the way to work i take in 2nd instead of first becasue if i need to let off a bit it jerks the bike around in first. its fine in 2nd. i try to be as smooth as possible, but its to no avail. found the same thing at the track, coming out of turn 11. i want a gipro, we'll see how that goes.
If you do ride at track. Turn the idle up. That will help u.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YES...someone paying attention...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow.
Pretty hostile just because somebody has a different experience than you.

Wait.... I think I just noticed a 'fricken JERK'.......................
Did you read the post that I was responding to ??? The other guy was a smartass and I responded to it...that's it.

All I can say is that it's crazy that someone doesn't notice the difference between a TRE (I've only had an Ivan's) and without one. It happens atleast once on the way to work and home...and it's REALLY annoying. The bike feels so out of whack...jerky and on/off and the jerk can kick in the pucker if you come into a corner with decent speed, it's like someone kicks you in the butt and you lurch forward a tad.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
If you like wheelies you'll notice a huge improvement with the tre. Throttle control is so much easier, all around it's far smoother.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If you didn't notice a difference you either:
1) don't pay attention to how your bike runs.
2) you keep your RPM's high enough to not feel. it.

Personally I ride my bike EVERYDAY ALL YEAR ROUND so I notice everything at high and low speed. If you don't notice a fricken jerk when you let off the throttle coming into a corner you're really not paying attention...at all.
I ride everyday all year round as well. Yes the bike jerks when you snap the throttle shut but if you roll off the throttle it acts just fine. I notice every little detail on my bike trust me. All bikes jerk when you completely shut the throttle after acceleration.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts