Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bone stock (motor, exhaust) 06 ZX10. 16/43 gearing and 6 over extensions. Everything else on the bike is completely stock.

Best time to date was last night and it 60'd a 1.56 and went 6.17 @ 117.73 in the 1/8 mile.

My best 60 of the night was a 1.55 but it only went 6.19 @ 118.52, makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
GARSZX10R said:
Bone stock (motor, exhaust) 06 ZX10. 16/43 gearing and 6 over extensions. Everything else on the bike is completely stock.

Best time to date was last night and it 60'd a 1.56 and went 6.17 @ 117.73 in the 1/8 mile.

My best 60 of the night was a 1.55 but it only went 6.19 @ 118.52, makes no sense to me.
Get a Pirelli SC2, where you can leave harder. Being your stretched the bike needs to be in the mid to high 1.4 60FT's.

That 1.55, 6.19 pass could be from a missed shift point.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
do a longer burn out...and get a vid! :badteeth:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ruthless Racing said:
Get a Pirelli SC2, where you can leave harder. Being your stretched the bike needs to be in the mid to high 1.4 60FT's.

That 1.55, 6.19 pass could be from a missed shift point.
It's not spinning, at all. I think it's my clutch still grabby. I was going to try hold off on doing the 04/05 clutch mod to it but i think that's what it needs, hell I was running 6.19's on my 04 stock length.........geesh.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hillcountry10r said:
do a longer burn out...and get a vid! :badteeth:
One of the guys got some video of several of us racing last night, if he posts it I will copy the link.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Dude, my clutch is grabby as hell also. Im thinking about doing that 04-05 set up that norman jackson did on his, any info on that?? By the way, I cleaned my stock air filter with gas and then blew it out with air, I swear it made a huge difference!! Then again, I have 14,205 miles on mine and it had never been cleaned.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Damn alvin was your air filter black as night and couldnt see through it? My bike has a K&N (which is going to have a BMC at the strip) and that damn thing has lasted quite awhile but gets a good cleaning every 3-4k or less.

·
Registered
804 Posts
20incher said:
Damn alvin was your air filter black as night and couldnt see through it? My bike has a K&N (which is going to have a BMC at the strip) and that damn thing has lasted quite awhile but gets a good cleaning every 3-4k or less.
It was filthy, I should get the zx back by tuesday. I have a friend going to the track on weds. also so if you are going let me know that way both of you can meet up there. Im waiting till the 1st of dec. for the motorcycle shootout.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Im going to do my best to go, my money is starting to get slim but i need to get some runs in now since i got my suspension and everything set. I'll call you on wednesday at around 5 and let you know..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts