Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I lowsided my 08 10r back in the summer and promised myself I'd have it completely fixed up and upgraded by february/march. I just applied for a new credit card today and got it no problems, went from 19.4 apr to 9.4. As soon as I get it in the mail I'm going parts shopping and I would really appreciate info and suggested parts I will post pictures as it get fixed. This is what happened and pictures to go along with it. http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77563

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm planning on getting the all the woodcraft engine covers. Is there any other choices I have that are good as I haven't been able to find alot of options. Aswell I'm removing the mirrors and putting bar end mirrors and haven't decided between something like greg's mirror block off signals or to do the drl turn signal mod. I would prefer doing the drl mod but not sure how difficult it would be and could it be done with white light when not in use and amber when signaling and would that be difficult if so. And again is there other options to the greg's but same kind of style.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
the attack racing engine covers are what im going with

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so today I bought some carbon frame and swing arm protectors and mocked them up on the 10r and I think they look great I post some pictures tomorrow. They were 50% off so thats why I bought those first. Next is rear sets.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So hear are some pictures. The covers are just hanging on. The frame covers will fit no problem but the swing arm ones will have to be notched for a few things.

these are the oppracing covers they seem to be 2 layers inside is carbon kevlar and outer is carbon.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ok bought my rear sets and mirrors today

i have both carbon heel guards and mirrors are the crg 3 inch full pivot covex bar ends.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Looking good man. Keep up the work.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
hope I never have to put em to the test,.........but i am sure they will hold up!

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya I'm going to be ording the woodcrafts next week along with the oem stuff I'm gonna need

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
where did you get those carbon covers from?................do they sell em for the Gen1?....

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got the swing arm covers from oppracing pretty sure they have the gen1 covers. I've seen them around though

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
cool thanks.........i am hopin to get a carbon belly pan too!....your bike is gonna look sweet!!

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks the bike is gonna have full carbon fibre fairings and will be painted later as all carbon will look boring. There's a guy around where I live with a full carbon ducati 848. Dude spent like 15000$ in body work, $4000 for the tank. Guy supposely lost 15-20 pounds from all of it but it looked pretty dull. Oh and for the weight saving freaks the carbon heel guards weigh 9gs and the aluminum guard weighs 17g. That'll pick me up a tenth in the 1/4 right lol.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
notice the shift rod on the rearsets was drill incorrectly. Both sides were drilled the same.

1 - 20 of 334 Posts