Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have the worst luck and success rate when it comes to EBAY. I have had to request refunds so many times it is rediculous!!! The most recent episode is a part that I ordered, and payed for, for the "10" on FEB. 7th and I still have not received it. I contacted the seller twice, with the most recent being yesterday and still no reply. I try to give the person 3 weeks to a month before I get really huffy and start getting my money back. Is it just me or have any of you had the same experience? Should I just give up on EBAY all together (I have gotten a couple of really good deals)? WTF!!! :dontknow:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
eBay has become home to some of the worst scam artists around. If you buy something, only buy from someone with at least 99% rating and ONLY if it's mostly sales, not just a bunch of small purchases. Easy to buy and get good rating for prompt pay, doesn't mean a thing when it comes to the selling side. Quit eBay, maybe, better to be hyper cautious in all your dealings.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I always check the sellers feedback, I have only had to return like two items ever, also the location were the item is being shipped from.... I only by stuff stateside, never china, hongkong, singapore, or taiwan.... Those always take a month if you get it at all. I will usually by from private people selling stuff or reputable businesses... Good Luck I would be pissed by now....

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear you guys. I have had problems with everyone, whether they be private or business. this last purchase was private. He contacted me once, like one week after I won/paid to ask me for my address again. I would trust China bafor I trust NY or Florida. They seem to be the worst.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
It sucks too because there are a lot of good opportunities on ebay to get some sweet stuff cheap but like you said all the scamers are on ebay now, and I fucking hate them all.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sucks too because there are a lot of good opportunities on ebay to get some sweet stuff cheap but like you said all the scamers are on ebay now, and I fucking hate them all.
It's either the scammers or the over bidders who drive the price up to retail or even higher than retail like dumb asses. Now a lot of sellers on ebay are at or only a few dollars below retail. So you really have to look hard for the good deals.

·
Registered
542 Posts
It's either the scammers or the over bidders who drive the price up to retail or even higher than retail like dumb asses. Now a lot of sellers on ebay are at or only a few dollars below retail. So you really have to look hard for the good deals.
Some private sellers have friends with ebay accounts drive up the bidding. If there friend wins it they either relist it or offer it to the next highest bidder as "second chance". I have had excellent luck on ebay as a buyer and seller. Just be sure to look at thier rating, buy all purchases with Paypal, and insist on shipping that can be tracked. My .02

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Some private sellers have friends with ebay accounts drive up the bidding. If there friend wins it they either relist it or offer it to the next highest bidder as "second chance". I have had excellent luck on ebay as a buyer and seller. Just be sure to look at thier rating, buy all purchases with Paypal, and insist on shipping that can be tracked. My .02
:+1:

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
My eBay, PayPal, and ZX10R.net classified sales and purchases have all been Great. I have over 120 PayPal transactions, and a 71 / 100% positive on eBay and hugely succesful sales on this forum.

I only bought 1 thing ever off eBay that I didn't like and they refunded my money within 24 hours and paid the shipping.

Maybe I have been lucky? :dontknow:

BUT, I also try to be very fair and honest and COMMUNICATE with people as to what and when it will happen.

I recently sold over $7000.00 worth of stuff on this forum in 3 days, shipped out nearly 30 boxes and not a single complaint. (hey with my prices how could they) :lol:

I do beleive that almost all people are inherently honest. Only a small perecentage that are not. So I just treat all 100% of people as honest and that way I never make the mistake of doing anyone wrong. If I get took, so be it.

JJ

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
I think your situation with ebay is unfortunate and itz few and far in between. I think you are definately unlucky tho. You might just have to check sellers feedbacks more thoroughly? Ask more questions before you bid or buy it now. You can never be too cautious. Last year I bought some 24" rims for my suv from ebay. It was a big purchase, I must've asked the seller a million questions before I felt comfortable sending my payment. But yea try to deal strictly with highly reputable sellers. I've done pretty good both buying an selling on ebay. Only a few negative experiences over my 3.5 year career on ebay. So the good outweighs the bad for me.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
eBay has become home to some of the worst scam artists around. If you buy something, only buy from someone with at least 99% rating and ONLY if it's mostly sales, not just a bunch of small purchases. Easy to buy and get good rating for prompt pay, doesn't mean a thing when it comes to the selling side. Quit eBay, maybe, better to be hyper cautious in all your dealings.
I have a 98.6 rating and I'm not a scam artist. The only reason it is not a 100% is because I let my dumbass friend use my account. Don't never do that. I agree with the other people check their selling feedback before a purchase. If you see big ticket items go thru them(if you can) and check to see who was bidding. I have caught a couple sellers that had the same bidders on their items. Just be more careful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts