Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like I'm selling my zx10 :(. Due to an unfortunate incident yesterday, the bike got wrecked. I threw it up on Craigslist and I got a deposit on it already (sounds like I should have asked more for it haha). It's an 08 that already had a salvage title and now needs a tank and all fairings... I'm getting 4500 for it so I guess I'm not coming out that bad but it is really going to make me sad to see it go... It's the first bike I ever bought new and I've really enjoyed it for the last 2 years. Sorry guys had to get it out, I literally got a little choked up once I got the deposit, I hope I can hold it together once it's gone.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bigger and better things to come though! I will most likely get a 2011 ZX10 if they live up to the hype I have built up for them in my own mind (haha). Considering finding a left-over 09 6 in the mean time... if all else falls through I may just get a 2010 once they become leftovers. Who knows... It's like I've got a giant pretzel in my head! hahaha.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Maybe it was better for you to let it go...apparently it seemed as though it was an unlucky bike. I think you came off great considering it has a salvage title already...now its salvaged and needs body work.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe it was better for you to let it go...apparently it seemed as though it was an unlucky bike. I think you came off great considering it has a salvage title already...now its salvaged and needs body work.
I think it must be unlucky... I rode about 3 years prior to owning this bike with no real incidents, and I've now had 2 in the last year. I have serious restraint problems though so I can't really blame it on the bike.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Maybe you need a 250...less likely to act crazy on it and even if you do decided to, you can only do it at 67mph MAX! lol

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, I just need some chill pills I think. I will probably try to get involved in some form of track riding to get my craziness out (hopefully)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear it man.. It's shitty.. You come out of the wreck ok, I assume? What happened?
I made out alright... messed my Suomy Gambler up which pissed me off. I have a pretty gnarly bruise on my side and some scrapes but that's it. The circumstances of the wreck are so stupid I'd rather not go into detail, but it was basically a highside and a dumb dumb mistake that could have been prevented.

·
Registered
890 Posts
my sympathies. that really sucks. Hope I don't come out rude or inconsiderate considering what happened to ur bike, but if u want to get rid of the power commander, let me know cos am looking for one. best of luck with the sale.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my sympathies. that really sucks. Hope I don't come out rude or inconsiderate considering what happened to ur bike, but if u want to get rid of the power commander, let me know cos am looking for one. best of luck with the sale.
Sorry, it's going with the bike or I'd hook you up for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts