Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 10 days ago, I swapped my oe 190/55r17 qualifier ( it was done in 2,000 miles, wich included a very easy brake-in period of about 1,000miles). I paid $130.00 w/shipping for a 200/50r17 shinko 005 advance. I really do like it, it seems to enter turns better (smoother), it does take just a bit to warm up, but for $130.00, this has got to be the best value for what is turning out to be a great tire. I will let you know how the rubber holds up!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I dont see how you like the shinko better as i had this tire before and know that it is pretty dam flat shaped. I hated turning in on those tires. Just my 2cents. Good for drag racing on the street.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Man I just got ride of my TL and i had a Shinko on it and it never heated up i could reide it hard for a hour and it would still be cold. Not a fan but glad you like it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The Shinko Does Take A Bit To Get Warm, But I Ride On Texas Back Roads(rough W/lots Of Curves) , I Purposely Keep It Warm, I Like The Profile Better Too, I Weigh 175lbs., And Psi Was The Key! Like I Said, " I Cant Imagine A Better Value". It Was 130- Shipped And I Do Ride Hard So Buying $250 Tires Every Other Month Isn't An Option. I Have Scuffed It All The Way Across And Layed The Bike Over Pretty Hard And Far, A $300 Tire Would Almost HaVE To Come W/ Horsepower To Make It Worth It To Me........keep It Flamed Side Up!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Up here you can get a set mounted and ballanced for under $300.
We talking 2CT's or Corsas even.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
My Corsa III was a huge improvement over stock tread. I might try the Pirelli Diablo Rosso next, I have to do more research on it.

SPECIAL07ZX10R you went with a shorter tire wich I believe also has a flatter profile (I maybe wrong) that is why I dont understand how a 200/50-17 would handle better than a 190/55-17 :dontknow: But hey as long as you are happy, rock it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts