Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine owns the local airstrip in town. We do test and tune with our track bikes and occasionally pit bikes against each other for kicks.

Sunday a friend of mine is going to meet me up at the airstrip and we are going to line up his 2008 busa and my 2004 zx10r..

I know he has slip on ,power commander and air filter, but he is a pretty big guy. I have never ridden with a busa, just heard the hype.

my bike is stock with a slip on ,brake upgrades, Ohlins suspension.

I weigh about 210 with gear.I am not a DRAG racer but I know how to launch my bike ok.

He weighs maybe 275-300 and has DRAG experience.

The airstrip is 3075' total.

Any Predictions?
Just want some tips from the drag guys..Ill have a few go pro hds with me so i will post video afterwords.

Attachments

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
My prediction... you lose.

He has experience and you dont. SWB for SWB in the hands of an equally skilled rider the busa would win anyway. There is a kid in an 08 Busa at my local strip that runs 9.1x all day long with only slip on, gearing, and lowered. Not even a PC on it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kindof figured. Its cool though. I get some video anyway. If he beats the crap out of me or not.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If you wheelie he wins, if he wheelies you win...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Its all in the launch, It should be a good race. I know the 08 busa has some pull but the zx10 should give it a good run.

·
Registered
153 Posts
lol...go from a 50mph kick.....i have found with a lil clutch and first gear of the 10,the busa cant hang with that sudden hit......i usually get out a bike and a haf.....and hold em there,my 05' is +3,k&n,and a slip on.....but i also have a lil bit of drag race experience..and only weight around 135lbs..full suited....lol....a stock wheelbase 10 cant leave the line like that heavy ass busa can......as stated above,u wheelie...ur lookin at a ugly ass taillight....lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I have a pretty big weight advantage over him. I am going to give it a try.
I may convince him to do some roll ons instead of from a dig.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The weight will make a difference. At his weight and swb he'll be doing good to get into the 9's. As stated, if he leaves well you'll have your work cut out for you to catch him. It looks like his bike isn't lowered so it is going to want to wheelie on him around 6000 rpm's if it isn't strapped or if it is strapped and has a 17 tooth front sprocket. Good luck!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
The New Busa's are NO Joke just like a ZX14....but it is possible, with the weight advantage that will help but him being an experienced drag racer then you are probably in a little trouble. :badteeth:

All so far have gave good predictions......I only raced one New Busa but the guy wasn't good at the start and as heavy as me....we both did 10.0s flat(stock) Busa 147mph and me 146mph I got the win....so again nothing to mess with on a daily basis but yeah even a first Gen can beat a new Busa it's usually Rider dependent though the Busa should win always but the 1st Gen has the goods to make sure if the Busa messes up it's no 600 where they can catch up it's serious business. :wink:

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
My prediction... you lose.

He has experience and you dont. SWB for SWB in the hands of an equally skilled rider the busa would win anyway. There is a kid in an 08 Busa at my local strip that runs 9.1x all day long with only slip on, gearing, and lowered. Not even a PC on it.
When it comes to light weight riders and the best the best Riders here in Sacramento beat a heavier guy(edit on Busa 08) although one of the fastest with mild mods going 9.2s on Suk 1k and seen him beat the New Busa a few times. Even the Busa very good racer admitted power to weight ratio that's why I loose not that his bike is faster or more powerful. :wink:

Then of course that Suk blew an Engine later and our Great Member Madness bought it from him and sold it as Junk......Madness can do that you know his ZX14 does 8.6s :wink: then you have old bikes like mine that keeps on going.:wink:

bloo

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update. He didn't show. He said he had some honey do's to take care of.

I went anyway and practiced launching. WOW..I am HORRIBLE at launching. I got one good launch but its nothing like launching an sv1000s. I would either bog the engine or lift the front. I gotta hand it to you guys drag racing is really Rider vs Rider. In fact a friend of mine(drag racer) was kicking my tail on his gsxr 600. It was all I could do do catch and pass him @ the big end of the track.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
If u run the entire 3075' u cant beat him but it will b fun
And as stated above a rolling start will keep him behind for a bit i constantly leave my brother on his 06 busa...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Update. He didn't show. He said he had some honey do's to take care of.

I went anyway and practiced launching. WOW..I am HORRIBLE at launching. I got one good launch but its nothing like launching an sv1000s. I would either bog the engine or lift the front. I gotta hand it to you guys drag racing is really Rider vs Rider. In fact a friend of mine(drag racer) was kicking my tail on his gsxr 600. It was all I could do do catch and pass him @ the big end of the track.
waaaaat! a no show? thats messed up.. & blaming it on his wife... priceless LOL

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Kindof a good thing he didnt show, if you were having trouble keeping up with a 600 the busa would have made you look like a 250... our zx10rs have a reputation to uphold... Haha

Keep practicing your launches and you will get where you can keep up with almost anything. We all have to start somewhere.

Good luck!!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Kindof a good thing he didnt show, if you were having trouble keeping up with a 600 the busa would have made you look like a 250... our zx10rs have a reputation to uphold... Haha

Keep practicing your launches and you will get where you can keep up with almost anything. We all have to start somewhere.

Good luck!!!
:+1:....it would have been a bad day. :badteeth::helmet:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts