Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

341 - 346 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
234 Posts
I dont know its sort of lost its way a little since the little runt started the thread......but the question is how can anybody get feed up with a bike that's won 5 in a row WSBK championships and constructors.....errrrr
This

Whole thread needs to go in the trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
908 Posts
Because it's the internet...try a G1 then realize everything else is turrible.
You know, I loved my 05 so much I dropped over 20k into upgrades each time I rebuilt it. After the third time and realizing that you cant get reliability out of a bike that has been built with full on race parts and coming to terms with the money pit that my gen 1 had become I broke down and picked up a 2017 abs zx10r. Took me all of 3 days to fall in love with it. I didnt like the jerky abrupt throttle response at all but that bike got stolen from me after 4 months. Got a 2018 abs krt and flashed it right away, fixed the throttle and really just woke up the beast. Totaled that on 2 months in and that was December 2018. Just over a year later and I have 15k miles on my zx10r se, love the shit out of this bike. Have dumped retarded money into it but have a very much one of a kind all mine sick bike that gets complemented everywhere I go and from every kind of rider, harleys included which always comes as a shock to me. I never see another bike and think, damn I wish I had that instead. Only thing I do wish I had was cruise control like the BMW has or a dash like the r1m. The dash is doable the cruise isnt. Still the bike is fucking sick. Gen 1 was my first true love as far as bikes go, I was one with that bike, never have quite been able to get there with the gen 5 but I'm getting close. Have 11 months of actual seat time on gen 5s though so I'm sure I will fully acquaint myself with this one soon. Point is, the gen 1 while bad ass for it's time, has nothing on a gen 5, and I mean nothing. Sure it was light and short wheel based and came on like a raped ape but the gen 5 will spank the fuck out of the gen 1 in every way every time and every day

341 - 346 of 346 Posts