Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woooooooo! It feels good to be back on a 1000!

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,357 Posts
Welcome back!

It's been awhile BC but it looks like you've got a nice new ride! It's even in the proper color! :wink:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been far too long, Sky. Man I forgot how much of a power difference there is between the 6 and 10. This thing likes to move it move it. Handles like a dream though!
How u been dude??

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,357 Posts
It's been far too long, Sky. Man I forgot how much of a power difference there is between the 6 and 10. This thing likes to move it move it. Handles like a dream though!
How u been dude??

Still kickin' and livin' the dream buddy! :badteeth:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks you maple syrup sucking fuck! Lol comp werkes exhaust, fender eliminator, vortex rearsets and an air filter are on the way.

I can't believe it took me so many years to finally get the rearsets on my 6 because I absolutely love those things

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Weather this weekend was warm enough, but overcast the whole time. Got out and rode about 250mi Saturday. Bled the brakes tonight. I was not happy with how spongy they were for being brembos. Still not as good as the brembo RCS19 on my zx6r but definitely better after a bleed.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Valve guide cracked,piston broke valve, valve broke engine. Was in process of rebuilding when my house flooded. Everything was apart and then under 6ft of river water so I parted out what I could.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where the hell have you been? missed that ugly gen 2 on green wheels ;)
Shit, I finally finished up school and started working as an engineer in a nuclear plant down in Mississippi. I'll make a year here in December. I miss the BigCat from time to time, but the 6 has been great to me, and the new 10 handles better than anything I've ever ridden.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome Back Big Cat! Nice new shiny 10r, how you like it over the Gen 2?
This bike handles better than anything I've ridden before. I'm not sure the power output of this new 10 vs the BigCat in its prime but over the stock version it's amazing. The fall in is almost effortless. I'm less wild than I used to be so I try to limit my speed on backroads but it handles so well it might as well have a big flashing sign that says "this isnt shit, let's go faster."

I did have to bleed the brakes last night because they felt pitiful compared to my rcs19 with stainless lines on the 600. I'm on call this week so i wont be able to really take it for a spin with the new found confidence in its braking ability but now that i know it's got proper stopping capability i may be more inclined to listen to the little devil on my shoulder urging me to twist the throttle just a little bit more ?

Reactions: NinjaLife

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honez, Or, how yall been??

·
Registered
378 Posts
A new liter bike and living in MS? You should be at the track all the time. Living here in the Pac NW, i'm jealous of the near year round drag racing that takes place down there.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A new liter bike and living in MS? You should be at the track all the time. Living here in the Pac NW, i'm jealous of the near year round drag racing that takes place down there.
I wish lol. I rent an apt in MS and leave the bike back home in Baton Rouge. I dont have a place to store the bike out here. I got excited when my wife told me the weather is looking better this weekend but she reminded me I'm on cal so I have to stay at the apt just in case I'm called in to work.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sounds to me like the wife under estimates the speed and power of the mighty 10R. You could be IN Baton Rouge and make it work within your call limit. ha ha ha
Yeah, I just checked the weather here. Looks like it should be clearing up in June

1 - 20 of 38 Posts